Another historical quiz

Hi,

More like a language quiz :)

anyway - I scored 8

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

In article <ctvge2$fsh$1@hermes.shef.ac.uk>, m.rapier@shef.ac.uk says...

> After the fun & games with the WW2 quiz, anyone fancy their hand at Latin?
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4232665.stm
>
> (this quiz has proved very popular with minis gamers).
>
> I got 9.

I'll be damned. Got 'em all. And I never udystay atinlay.

[Even though, back at college, it was more popular to style Caesar's
famous quip as, "Vidi, vici, veni."]

--
Giftzwerg
***

"Martin Rapier" <m.rapier@shef.ac.uk> wrote in message
> After the fun & games with the WW2 quiz, anyone fancy their hand at Latin?
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4232665.stm
>
> (this quiz has proved very popular with minis gamers).

I got all 10. In recent WW2 got 9, but frankly that one was ridicolous.
:eek:)

O.

"Giftzwerg" <giftzwerg999@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'll be damned. Got 'em all. And I never udystay atinlay.

Same here much to my surprise. I guess the answers must be pretty obvious.

Jarg

> After the fun & games with the WW2 quiz, anyone fancy their hand at Latin?
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4232665.stm
>
> (this quiz has proved very popular with minis gamers).
>
> I got 9.
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Only 7 blush - but I typed in a hurry not too much thinking :)

Mario

Briarroot wrote:
> Martin Rapier wrote:
> >
> > After the fun & games with the WW2 quiz, anyone fancy their hand at
Latin?

> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4232665.stm
>
> I only got 8. I missed "i.e." and "AM" which I thought I
> knew well. ;-)

I got the exact same ones wrong :) - now the whole AM/PM thing is
something we don't use so that's no biggie, but I should have gotten
i.e. right given that I use it all the time :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx