Sign in with
Your question

Cant repair an aborted windows 7 install

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
June 23, 2012 4:40:46 PM

Hello,
I decided to give my acer aspire 5515 to my stepson, so i was reinstalling windows 7 on it and it accidently aborted before finishing installing. Now when I put my disc in it doesn't read it and never repairs it, never completes it, just keeps rebootiing. I have tried set up default settings, system repair, but nothing works. Please help. My drive is just making a whirring sound but never booting, but really it has always done that and would always eventually kick in, but not this time. I had an xp start up disc on a cd-r and it read that, but not my iso on a dvd-r.
June 23, 2012 4:40:55 PM

Hello,
I decided to give my acer aspire 5515 to my stepson, so i was reinstalling windows 7 on it and it accidently aborted before finishing installing. Now when I put my disc in it doesn't read it and never repairs it, never completes it, just keeps rebootiing. I have tried set up default settings, system repair, but nothing works. Please help. My drive is just making a whirring sound but never booting, but really it has always done that and would always eventually kick in, but not this time. I had an xp start up disc on a cd-r and it read that, but not my iso on a dvd-r.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2012 4:41:44 PM

simply delete the partition and recreate it during install for a fresh new clean installation.

m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2012 4:42:17 PM

simply delete the partition and recreate it during install for a fresh new clean installation.
m
l
June 23, 2012 4:44:05 PM

could you please explain excatley how to do that in simple directions please. I'll try anything.
m
l
June 23, 2012 5:11:42 PM

ok the issue with this is that its not booting my iso dvd-r at all even when I change the boot sequence.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2012 5:20:42 PM

You need to go into Bios and set the BOOT priority to BOOT from DVD.
It is probably set to boot to the HDD first, and the MBR is trashed.

Once you are able to boot to the DVD, then Slect custom install, on page that asks where to install click on advanced and DELET ALL partitions, Then select the NOW unpartitioned drive to install to.

That should solve your problem.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2012 7:25:17 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Cant repair an aborted windows 7 install
    m
    l
    !