Cant repair an aborted windows 7 install

Angels75

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Hello,
I decided to give my acer aspire 5515 to my stepson, so i was reinstalling windows 7 on it and it accidently aborted before finishing installing. Now when I put my disc in it doesn't read it and never repairs it, never completes it, just keeps rebootiing. I have tried set up default settings, system repair, but nothing works. Please help. My drive is just making a whirring sound but never booting, but really it has always done that and would always eventually kick in, but not this time. I had an xp start up disc on a cd-r and it read that, but not my iso on a dvd-r.

Angels75

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Hello,
I decided to give my acer aspire 5515 to my stepson, so i was reinstalling windows 7 on it and it accidently aborted before finishing installing. Now when I put my disc in it doesn't read it and never repairs it, never completes it, just keeps rebootiing. I have tried set up default settings, system repair, but nothing works. Please help. My drive is just making a whirring sound but never booting, but really it has always done that and would always eventually kick in, but not this time. I had an xp start up disc on a cd-r and it read that, but not my iso on a dvd-r.

You need to go into Bios and set the BOOT priority to BOOT from DVD.
It is probably set to boot to the HDD first, and the MBR is trashed.

Once you are able to boot to the DVD, then Slect custom install, on page that asks where to install click on advanced and DELET ALL partitions, Then select the NOW unpartitioned drive to install to.

That should solve your problem.