I'm gathering info on building a system. I'm planning on buying the new P4 3 Ghz with HT and probably either the Asus MB or or Gigabyte MB. I'm looking to get 2 sticks of 512 DDR400 at CL2.
1. Since I don't plan to OC, should I go with Crucial rather then Corsair?
2. I took a look around and wasn't able to find any Crucial DDR400 that was CL2. Do I need to go with Corsair for CL2?
3. Since I want Dual-channel, how do I know I'm getting 2 matched pairs?
4. Do all DDR400 sticks support Dual-channel?
5. My understanding is that going with 2 DDR400 sticks with CL2 will be the lowest latency and the best speed due to being syched with the 800 FSB motherboard (whichever I decide to get). Any problems with my plans, or any recommendations that I didn't meantion here?
Over at <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/index.asp" target="_new"> Newegg </A> crucials 3200 CL3 goes for $115. So unless you can find a much bigger price difference I'd go with the Corsair 3200CL2 for sure, after that its how much do you want to spend.
I paid about $15 more for my TWIN pair of Coarsair 2700LL, just for the security that it would work.
"Quotes are for people that can't think for themselves"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Rook on 04/19/03 00:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>