fair and flexible plan adjusting?

PB

hi all,

is it my understanding that the F&F plan will adjust to your minutes used?
so if i'm at the $70/ month for 800 minutes, and i only use 559 minutes, the
plan will decrease to $50?

any why is it $70 for 800 minutes? the website shows (under option 2) 0-700
minutes for $50, 701-800 for $55?

couldn't get a CSR to answer that.

pb wrote:
> hi all,
>
> is it my understanding that the F&F plan will adjust to your minutes used?
> so if i'm at the $70/ month for 800 minutes, and i only use 559 minutes, the
> plan will decrease to $50?

No. On F&F I pay $50 per month for 700 minutes. If I go over 700, it
automatically adjusts up. If I use 701-800 it's adjusted another $5, if I use
801-900 it's adjusted $10 and so on up to 2000 minutes. After that, overages
are 5 cents/minute. The rate doesn't ever get adjusted down - if you get set up
on the $x/month plan, you will always pay at least $x per month.

> any why is it $70 for 800 minutes? the website shows (under option 2) 0-700
> minutes for $50, 701-800 for $55?

Option 2 starts with a higher number of minutes, is $5/month for 100 minutes
and 5c/minute after 2000. That's because it's designed for people who use more
minutes every month. Option 1 starts at 300 minutes per month and is cheaper
but you pay $10/month for each additional 100 minutes and 10c/minute after
2000. If you don't get on the high-usage plan, and you use 700 minutes in one
particular month, it will cost you more than 700 minutes on the high-usage
plan. But if you don't use lots of airtime in any given month, the low-usage
plan will make more sense for you, long-term.

Does this answer your question?

> couldn't get a CSR to answer that.

Then the CSR was probably not well-trained. I figured it out as soon as I
opened the F&F brochure. :)

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)

"pb" <whoz@centuryNOSPAMtel.net> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> is it my understanding that the F&F plan will adjust to your minutes used?
> so if i'm at the $70/ month for 800 minutes, and i only use 559 minutes,
> the plan will decrease to $50?

No, the plan doesn't adjust downward. The $70 is for a base of 800 minutes
as your minimum.

> any why is it $70 for 800 minutes? the website shows (under option 2)
> 0-700 minutes for $50, 701-800 for $55?
>
> couldn't get a CSR to answer that.

The $50/700 minutes is a single phone plan, the $70/800 minutes is a shared
plan. The difference in price is because 2 phones are being used, not one.
Instead of saying "$50 for the first phone, $20 for the second", Sprint just
changed the terminology to $70 for the first 2 phones". The Fair and
Flexible Family is a better deal, because the regular Free and Clear Family
plan would be $70 for 700 minutes for 2 phones, $20 for phones 3-5, while
the Fair and Flexible Family plan is the same money for the first 2 phones,
with more minutes, and $10 for phones 3-5.

Leisa

Leisa wrote:
> "pb" <whoz@centuryNOSPAMtel.net> wrote in message
>
> The $50/700 minutes is a single phone plan, the $70/800 minutes is a shared
> plan.

Oooh. Ouch, didn't even consider that possibility. Not that what I said was
incorrect, but it might not necessarily have been relevant in the situation in
question. Thank you, and I apologize, pb :)

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)

rod

"pb" <whoz@centuryNOSPAMtel.net> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> is it my understanding that the F&F plan will adjust to your minutes used?
> so if i'm at the $70/ month for 800 minutes, and i only use 559 minutes,
the
> plan will decrease to $50?
>
> any why is it $70 for 800 minutes? the website shows (under option 2)
0-700
> minutes for $50, 701-800 for $55?
>
> couldn't get a CSR to answer that.

800 minutes for $70 is for 2 lines, the $55 option is a single line.