Warning sound wont stop playing

ellusivegman

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
I have been running windows 7 on my computer for quite some time and haven't had very many huge problems until recently. Now, sometimes when I start up my computer, it keeps on playing that warning sound that you hear whenever there is some sort of popup that tells you when something is wrong. But when it happens nothing ever pops up, and that warning sound plays nonstop every couple of seconds and it is driving me insane. I looked at task manager to see if there was some process that would be causing that error message and I found nothing. I also went to msconfig to make sure that all startup programs were disabled and they were. I also looked at my system sounds to see which sound it is and I found out that it is the asterisk sound. The problem I am having now doesn't happen all of the time but when it does, it lasts for a long time and requires restarting my computer.

And for the record, I am running windows 7 64 bit.

G

Something might be making the computer think that an error is occuring, like a bad file. Try and see if you can disable the sound under System Sounds.