checking minutes online...

I got about $50 in overage charges last month even though I had checked
my minutes online and it said I had over 100 left on the last day of my
billing cycle.
I suspect the problem is realated to roaming (i had the F&C America
thing)... is there a history of this promblem happening??
Sprint won't budge on the money.
ugh.

Rob Merkle wrote:
> I got about $50 in overage charges last month even though I had checked
> my minutes online and it said I had over 100 left on the last day of my
> billing cycle.
> I suspect the problem is realated to roaming (i had the F&C America
> thing)... is there a history of this promblem happening??

Well, what makes you suspect the problme is related to roaming? Are
there actual roaming usage billed on your account?

If it is roaming minutes, be aware that this happens often because
roaming carriers tend to take their sweet time billing those roaming
minutes to the home carrier. So, you could be using your roaming
minutes in one month, thinking you have plenty in your minute bucket,
but those minutes don't actually post to SprintPCS until up to a month
later, when the roaming carrier decides they want to get paid for those
minutes. There's not much Sprint can do in this situation, as it's
really up to the roaming carrier to report billable minutes.

On Verizon's America's Choice netowrk, it's even worse, because
technically you're not "roaming" per se, yet billing can still be
delayed up to a month.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Isaiah Beard wrote:

> On Verizon's America's Choice netowrk, it's even worse, because
> technically you're not "roaming" per se, yet billing can still be
> delayed up to a month.

<pedant>

No, that's not quite right, and I've corrected Verizon posters on this too: You
ARE roaming, just not paying for it if you're on Extended Network or using one
of the calling plans where you never get charged roaming fees.

For example, driving through West Virginia on I-68, you will never hit Verizon
coverage. It's all US Cellular. If you have one of the no-roaming plans, you
won't pay roaming fees. If you have America's Choice, you won't pay roaming
fees because US Cellular in WV is Extended Network. That does NOT mean you're
not roaming. :)

</pedant>

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)

America's Choice is not a network. It is a plan whereon you can use
verizon's network and an ever changing list of other networks without
additional charge.

Jerome Zelinske wrote:
> America's Choice is not a network.

Then someone needs to tell Verizon that:

America's Choice[sm]
Take your minutes anywhere on the America’s Choice network. Get
Unlimited IN Calling.

http://tinyurl.com/2m5ps

--

Isaiah Beard wrote:
> Jerome Zelinske wrote:
>
>> America's Choice is not a network.
>
> Then someone needs to tell Verizon that:
>
> America's Choice[sm]
> Take your minutes anywhere on the America’s Choice network. Get
> Unlimited IN Calling.

I disagree with Jerome. The Internet is a big network composed of smaller
computer networks. I don't see why the America's Choice network, semantically
speaking, couldn't be considered a wireless network consisting of one big
carrier and assorted SIDs from other carriers. Same idea. :)

Steve Sobol wrote:
> Isaiah Beard wrote:

> I disagree with Jerome. The Internet is a big network composed of
> smaller computer networks. I don't see why the America's Choice network,
> semantically speaking, couldn't be considered a wireless network
> consisting of one big carrier and assorted SIDs from other carriers.
> Same idea. :)

Besides, if we went by Jerome's strict definitions, then not even
Sprint's network qualifies as a "network," as the network is not 100%
Sprint corporate operated. Instead, it's partially sprint-run, and
partially run but a group of affiliates who have agreed to use
technology that is similar enough to each other that the end user
doesn't know the difference.

Likewise, Nextel has a similar arrangement with Nextel partners, LLC,
its affiliate.

And Cingular, well, let's not go there. :)

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.