Greying of Base Station Management Tool

I have the MN700 Wireless Base Station and the Linksys
Wireless-G Notebook Adapter (given to me as a girft -
hence, the different manufacturers).

Installed the MN700 and connected my PC into the MN700 -
works beautifully. However, after installing the Wireless-
G Adapter in my notebook, it is getting signal strength
and quality at 100% but it will not connect to the
internet. On the diagram of linksys, it shows the
adapter "talking" to the MN700 but it shows no connection
to the internet.

I have brought up the MS Broadband Network utility in the
PC - clicked "tools" but the "Base Station Management
Tool" is greyed out. I did bring up the management tool
through http://192.168.2.1 but the various data there
didn't correct the problem of the wireless not "talking"
to the 'net.

When I do a repair, it keeps saying "renew the IP
address". Done that but no change. The channel 6 is
common throughout. DHCP is enabled and the IP address is
dynamic.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Norm.

micronerdo

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

"Norm Henderson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the MN700 Wireless Base Station and the Linksys
> Wireless-G Notebook Adapter (given to me as a girft -
> hence, the different manufacturers).
>
> Installed the MN700 and connected my PC into the MN700 -
> works beautifully. However, after installing the Wireless-
> G Adapter in my notebook, it is getting signal strength
> and quality at 100% but it will not connect to the
> internet. On the diagram of linksys, it shows the
> adapter "talking" to the MN700 but it shows no connection
> to the internet.
>
> I have brought up the MS Broadband Network utility in the
> PC - clicked "tools" but the "Base Station Management
> Tool" is greyed out. I did bring up the management tool
> through http://192.168.2.1 but the various data there
> didn't correct the problem of the wireless not "talking"
> to the 'net.
>
> When I do a repair, it keeps saying "renew the IP
> address". Done that but no change. The channel 6 is
> common throughout. DHCP is enabled and the IP address is
> dynamic.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated. Norm.

Try just unplugging the modem from the socket for about three minutes, and
then plugging back in. Make sure your Internet Gateway connection (under
Network Properties) is 'enabling'. If your WAN is still showing
'disconnected'
(in the BSMT).... release and renew.

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Norm.