t608 ESN -- help please.

Hello.

I bought a t608 used, but Sprint is telling me the ESN under the battery
might not be the right one (no idea how that could be). Anyway, is
there a way to find the ESN number in the menus? I know this can be
done on some phones, so hopefully it can be done on this one too.

anybody with a t608??

thanks.

/tommy

ESNis the Electronic Serial Number. I can't tell you how it is used but at
least you know wat it means.

Bill

In article <_5ePd.18501$wK.4124@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"William Brinkley" <kc6uny@earthlink.net> wrote:

> ESNis the Electronic Serial Number. I can't tell you how it is used but at
> least you know wat it means.

I found a hidden menu (thanks to google) that shows all the info I
needed. Unfortunately, the ESN matches, so now I'm screwed.

Apparantly, you can't use this phone with an 3rd party employee acct.

I wish they would've told me this BEFOREHAND when I called to make sure
the esn was clean. Now I need to try to return it, or sell it. I love
the phone, and I hate Sprint :) it's a love hate relationship, I
suppose.

the guy at Sprint told me he tried everything to get it to work, but
every time he entered the ESN his computer screen would just reset.

grr!

/tommy

> In article <_5ePd.18501$wK.4124@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> "William Brinkley" <kc6uny@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> ESNis the Electronic Serial Number. I can't tell you how it is used but
>> at
>> least you know wat it means.
>
> I found a hidden menu (thanks to google) that shows all the info I
> needed. Unfortunately, the ESN matches, so now I'm screwed.

> I wish they would've told me this BEFOREHAND when I called to make sure
> the esn was clean. Now I need to try to return it, or sell it. I love
> the phone, and I hate Sprint :) it's a love hate relationship, I
> suppose.
>
> the guy at Sprint told me he tried everything to get it to work, but
> every time he entered the ESN his computer screen would just reset.

I've heard the rumors of 'Big Brother' and 'Aliens' tracking us for years.

I bet you've bought one of their cellphones. ;-)

Did you notice the ear you used to listen, bleeding slightly in the inner
ear canal?