Panzer Campaigns : France '40 announced

Hi,

A new game in HPS's Panzer Campaign series is announced. Read more
about it here :

http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1720

As this going to be fought over my home turf so to speak I might pick
this one up. See if I can make a French tank division from all the
separate units available and kick some Pzkw I's butt :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
7 answers Last reply
More about panzer campaigns france announced
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    HR wrote:

    > I'll meet you in my Pz III. Sorry..only the best for the best;)

    I'll await your arrival in my Somua S-35 - you're toast :)

    Greetz,

    Eddy Sterckx
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Cool. I played a little of the 44' Ardennes one.

    Always liked AH's France 1940:)

    I'll meet you in my Pz III. Sorry..only the best for the best;)

    -HR

    <eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > A new game in HPS's Panzer Campaign series is announced. Read more
    > about it here :
    >
    > http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1720
    >
    > As this going to be fought over my home turf so to speak I might pick
    > this one up. See if I can make a French tank division from all the
    > separate units available and kick some Pzkw I's butt :)
    >
    > Greetz,
    >
    > Eddy Sterckx

  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    On another note. I'm getting sick of EB postphoning their release date for
    WAW every 3 days.

    They now have it for Feb 14. As if they have a clue.

    <eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > A new game in HPS's Panzer Campaign series is announced. Read more
    > about it here :
    >
    > http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1720
    >
    > As this going to be fought over my home turf so to speak I might pick
    > this one up. See if I can make a French tank division from all the
    > separate units available and kick some Pzkw I's butt :)
    >
    > Greetz,
    >
    > Eddy Sterckx

  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    grrr.. <go drags out the 88>

    > HR wrote:
    >
    >> I'll meet you in my Pz III. Sorry..only the best for the best;)
    >
    > I'll await your arrival in my Somua S-35 - you're toast :)
    >
    > Greetz,
    >
    > Eddy Sterckx

  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    HR wrote:
    > grrr.. <go drags out the 88>

    Ok - starting up a squadron of Dewoitine D-520's :)

    On a side note - as everyone knows the French had quality hardware,
    their main failing was in doctrine and fighting spirit. With me as CinC
    I'll kick some German butt :)

    Greetz,

    Eddy Sterckx
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Even though the graphics have devolved since the Tsoft days, at least these
    titles are easy available.

    lupi

    <eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > A new game in HPS's Panzer Campaign series is announced. Read more
    > about it here :
    >
    > http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1720
    >
    > As this going to be fought over my home turf so to speak I might pick
    > this one up. See if I can make a French tank division from all the
    > separate units available and kick some Pzkw I's butt :)
    >
    > Greetz,
    >
    > Eddy Sterckx

  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    lupi wrote:
    > Even though the graphics have devolved since the Tsoft days, at least
    these
    > titles are easy available.

    Yeah, you can just buy them on the 'net - which is in sharp contrast
    with every other wargame that ... uh, wait a sec ...

    Another advantage is that you can't download the game and start playing
    the moment you've paid for it - I much rather wait 2 weeks for the cd
    to arrive in the mail, but maybe that's just me.

    Seriously : the only advantage HPS has is that there are a certain
    amount of wargamers out there who don't have the time or the
    inclination to learn a new engine/game system every couple of months
    and are happy to stick to the engine they know - HPS releasing scenario
    packs for them every couple of months is what keeps these gamers happy
    - nothing wrong with that - it's a good business if there are enough of
    them to keep you afloat.

    And if they can make the occasional title that appeals to people who
    aren't really a fan of the system, but are interested in the subject
    covered they can make some additional sales.

    Greetz,

    Eddy Sterckx

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games