Panzer Campaigns : France '40 announced

Hi,

A new game in HPS's Panzer Campaign series is announced. Read more
about it here :

http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1720

As this going to be fought over my home turf so to speak I might pick
this one up. See if I can make a French tank division from all the
separate units available and kick some Pzkw I's butt :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

HR wrote:

> I'll meet you in my Pz III. Sorry..only the best for the best;)

I'll await your arrival in my Somua S-35 - you're toast :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Cool. I played a little of the 44' Ardennes one.

Always liked AH's France 1940:)

I'll meet you in my Pz III. Sorry..only the best for the best;)

-HR

<eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A new game in HPS's Panzer Campaign series is announced. Read more
> about it here :
>
> http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1720
>
> As this going to be fought over my home turf so to speak I might pick
> this one up. See if I can make a French tank division from all the
> separate units available and kick some Pzkw I's butt :)
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

On another note. I'm getting sick of EB postphoning their release date for
WAW every 3 days.

They now have it for Feb 14. As if they have a clue.

<eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A new game in HPS's Panzer Campaign series is announced. Read more
> about it here :
>
> http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1720
>
> As this going to be fought over my home turf so to speak I might pick
> this one up. See if I can make a French tank division from all the
> separate units available and kick some Pzkw I's butt :)
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

grrr.. <go drags out the 88>

HR wrote:
> grrr.. <go drags out the 88>

Ok - starting up a squadron of Dewoitine D-520's :)

On a side note - as everyone knows the French had quality hardware,
their main failing was in doctrine and fighting spirit. With me as CinC
I'll kick some German butt :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

lupi

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004

Even though the graphics have devolved since the Tsoft days, at least these
titles are easy available.

lupi

lupi wrote:
> Even though the graphics have devolved since the Tsoft days, at least
these
> titles are easy available.

Yeah, you can just buy them on the 'net - which is in sharp contrast
with every other wargame that ... uh, wait a sec ...

Another advantage is that you can't download the game and start playing
the moment you've paid for it - I much rather wait 2 weeks for the cd
to arrive in the mail, but maybe that's just me.

Seriously : the only advantage HPS has is that there are a certain
amount of wargamers out there who don't have the time or the
inclination to learn a new engine/game system every couple of months
and are happy to stick to the engine they know - HPS releasing scenario
packs for them every couple of months is what keeps these gamers happy
- nothing wrong with that - it's a good business if there are enough of
them to keep you afloat.

And if they can make the occasional title that appeals to people who
aren't really a fan of the system, but are interested in the subject
covered they can make some additional sales.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx