Combat Mission news ?

Any news from the Combat Mission front ?

In article <s63Qd.11548$q46.554025@phobos.telenet-ops.be>, "Rotwang"
<rot(ne)wang2000@yahoo(spem).com> says...
> Any news from the Combat Mission front ?

Also, does anyone know what they're planning next?

--
Epi

Do you get off on pain? Like to feel it coursing
through your body? Are you a masochist? Do you
like to play with a sore? It's only a matter of
degrees. I guess degrees matter

Epi Watkins <epicat1212@hotmail.com> wrote in

> In article <s63Qd.11548$q46.554025@phobos.telenet-ops.be>, "Rotwang"
> <rot(ne)wang2000@yahoo(spem).com> says...
>> Any news from the Combat Mission front ?
>
> Also, does anyone know what they're planning next?

Combat Mission 2 - no kidding :)

A whole new 3D engine is apparantly in the works

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

In article <Xns95FDB1297F253eddysterckxhotmailco@67.98.68.10>,
eddysterckx@hotmail.com says...
> Epi Watkins <epicat1212@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> > In article <s63Qd.11548$q46.554025@phobos.telenet-ops.be>, "Rotwang"
> > <rot(ne)wang2000@yahoo(spem).com> says...
> >> Any news from the Combat Mission front ?
> >
> > Also, does anyone know what they're planning next?
> >

> Combat Mission 2 - no kidding :)
>
> A whole new 3D engine is apparantly in the works
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

Too bad. If they're going to stick with Combat Mission, I'd rather see
them take on a different era. I don't guess "2" means that in any way.

--

Wargamer Scott wrote:
> I've heard rumors that Combat Mission 2 is going to have a
flexible
> battle engine that be used to simulate any era. Again, just a
rumor....

Any - as in WWII + Korea + Vietnam + current ? or as in : from
war-chariots to current ?

[I just love rumors]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Greetings,

I've heard rumors that Combat Mission 2 is going to have a flexible
battle engine that be used to simulate any era. Again, just a rumor....

Condemned to the Games,
S.D. Tortorice
"Forward, no matter what happens! Cling tightly to Our Lords hand
and remember that God does not lose battles. ----St. Josemaria

In article <mBdQd.1001$9J5.343@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
wargamerscott@peoplepcnospam.com says...

> I've heard rumors that Combat Mission 2 is going to have a flexible
> battle engine that be used to simulate any era. Again, just a rumor....

Used by whom? Not the customer, certainly.

--
Giftzwerg
***

Greetings,

>>>Any - as in WWII + Korea + Vietnam + current ? or as in : from
war-chariots to current ?<<<

Don't know, but IIRC, the discussion started when someone was lamenting
the lack of Civil War wargames. So maybe CM2 will go beyond modern combat?

Condemned to the Games,
S.D. Tortorice
"Forward, no matter what happens! Cling tightly to Our Lords hand
and remember that God does not lose battles. ----St. Josemaria

Greetings,

>>>Used by whom? Not the customer, certainly. <<<

I think the rumor-monger who posted the comment said the engine was
going to be assessable by the customer.

Condemned to the Games,
S.D. Tortorice
"Forward, no matter what happens! Cling tightly to Our Lords hand
and remember that God does not lose battles. ----St. Josemaria

Greetings,

BTW: I meant "accessible" (red faced).....

eddysterckx@hotmail.com wrote:
> Wargamer Scott wrote:
>
>> I've heard rumors that Combat Mission 2 is going to have a
>
> flexible
>
>>battle engine that be used to simulate any era. Again, just a
>
> rumor....
>
> Any - as in WWII + Korea + Vietnam + current ? or as in : from
> war-chariots to current ?
>
> [I just love rumors]
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

Actually the game will cover the *whole* history of war, from Adam and
Eve Biotch-slapping each other, to current. Good enough for your whiney
carcass?

ThE_AnArKrIsT <ThE_AnArKrIsT@worldcom.net> wrote in news:JraWd.531$ZB6.6
@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

> Actually the game will cover the *whole* history of war, from Adam and
> Eve Biotch-slapping each other, to current. Good enough for your whiney
> carcass?

Got any url for that ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

In article <Xns96105EF1AF427eddysterckxhotmailco@67.98.68.25>,
eddysterckx@hotmail.com says...
> ThE_AnArKrIsT <ThE_AnArKrIsT@worldcom.net> wrote in news:JraWd.531$ZB6.6
> @newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:
>
> > Actually the game will cover the *whole* history of war, from Adam and
> > Eve Biotch-slapping each other, to current. Good enough for your whiney
> > carcass?
>
> Got any url for that ?
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

Dude, I don't know why it is, but you can really inspire some hate from
some angry people. Oh well, they just make themselves look stupid.

--
Epi

How can a man who used to dress in next-to-nothing,
and show off his body, then turn around and
call others girlie-men. Strange.

> In article <Xns96105EF1AF427eddysterckxhotmailco@67.98.68.25>,
> eddysterckx@hotmail.com says...
>> ThE_AnArKrIsT <ThE_AnArKrIsT@worldcom.net> wrote in
>> news:JraWd.531$ZB6.6 @newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:
>>
>> > Actually the game will cover the *whole* history of war, from Adam
>> > and Eve Biotch-slapping each other, to current. Good enough for
>> > your whiney carcass?
>>
>> Got any url for that ?
>>
>> Greetz,
>>
>> Eddy Sterckx
>
> Dude, I don't know why it is, but you can really inspire some hate
> from some angry people. Oh well, they just make themselves look
> stupid.

Eh, oh, I just took it as an attempt at a funny reply - hell, the part
about the "whiney carcass" was funny - that's me - Thought about
replying with "cite" but thought that was a bit too harsh a come-back.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx