Jab

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

A good little thread going on about what makes a good 'wargame' but
aren't we missing the point here? All that seems to being argued about
is the type of 'wargames' that people like i.e. Codename Panzers vs.
BiN. Some people like some and others, like the other. The former has no
real place in this NG and the latter does.

In article <6k7Qd.1479$A55.623@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>,
nothanks@nohope.net says...
> A good little thread going on about what makes a good 'wargame' but
> aren't we missing the point here? All that seems to being argued about
> is the type of 'wargames' that people like i.e. Codename Panzers vs.
> BiN. Some people like some and others, like the other. The former has no
> real place in this NG and the latter does.

You've confused me a little. What's the former and latter?

--
Epi

Do you get off on pain? Like to feel it coursing
through your body? Are you a masochist? Do you
like to play with a sore? It's only a matter of
degrees. I guess degrees matter.

Jab

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

Epi Watkins wrote:
> In article <6k7Qd.1479$A55.623@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>,
> nothanks@nohope.net says...
>
>>A good little thread going on about what makes a good 'wargame' but
>>aren't we missing the point here? All that seems to being argued about
>>is the type of 'wargames' that people like i.e. Codename Panzers vs.
>>BiN. Some people like some and others, like the other. The former has no
>>real place in this NG and the latter does.
>

> You've confused me a little. What's the former and latter?

The first one mentioned and the second one?

In article <g39Qd.152$d4.41@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>, nothanks@nohope.net
says...
> Epi Watkins wrote:
> > In article <6k7Qd.1479$A55.623@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>,
> > nothanks@nohope.net says...
> >
> >>A good little thread going on about what makes a good 'wargame' but
> >>aren't we missing the point here? All that seems to being argued about
> >>is the type of 'wargames' that people like i.e. Codename Panzers vs.
> >>BiN. Some people like some and others, like the other. The former has no
> >>real place in this NG and the latter does.
> >

> > You've confused me a little. What's the former and latter?
> >

> The first one mentioned and the second one?

\

you don't have to be sarcastic. I guess now you mean the games. Did
you have a point?
--

Epi Watkins wrote:
> In article <g39Qd.152$d4.41@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>, nothanks@nohope.net
> says...
>
>>Epi Watkins wrote:
>>
>>>In article <6k7Qd.1479$A55.623@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>,
>>>nothanks@nohope.net says...

>>>You've confused me a little. What's the former and latter?
>>>

>>The first one mentioned and the second one?
>

> \
>

> you don't have to be sarcastic. I guess now you mean the games. Did
> you have a point?

Yes ... some people like their games as games (Codename Panzers etc.)
and some people like them to be more 'realistic' (BiN etc.). I just
don't see the point of either side of the arguement trying to convince
the other that they are right.

In article <W9bQd.1033$5D1.707@newsfe1-win.ntli.net>,
nothanks@nohope.net says...
> Epi Watkins wrote:
> > In article <g39Qd.152$d4.41@newsfe3-win.ntli.net>, nothanks@nohope.net
> > says...

> >>The first one mentioned and the second one?
> >

> > \
> >

> > you don't have to be sarcastic. I guess now you mean the games. Did
> > you have a point?
>
> Yes ... some people like their games as games (Codename Panzers etc.)
> and some people like them to be more 'realistic' (BiN etc.). I just
> don't see the point of either side of the arguement trying to convince
> the other that they are right.

That's pretty true. People like what they like. No big deal. People
love to argue about something on the internet though.

A lot of people seem to think likeing a certain type of game makes them
better somehow as well.