Sign in with
Your question

Identifying Network Issue. HP dv6 Laptop.

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Internet
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 22, 2013 2:22:51 AM

Hi! I have a very annoying situation with my HP dv6 Laptop. Every once and a while, my internet on my laptop will go wack and say "identifying network" even when i was connected to the internet a few hours or minutes ago. I've had this laptop for probably 6-8 months now and its been doing this even since i got it. So far the only way that i can be on the internet wirelessly is by either restarting the modem and router which only lets me stay online for 3 minutes and goes back to "identifying network" and to permanently stay on is by connecting my laptop to the ethernet cord. I've tried restoring my laptop to factory settings, mess around with the DNS to get it to be Google's server, probably search for a solution for over 5 hours and nothing has helped me fix this. Please help me!

More about : identifying network issue dv6 laptop

February 22, 2013 2:25:37 AM

I reply pretty quick, so if you guys need any info i'm willing to send screenshots or anything that will help me fix this solution
m
l
a c 230 D Laptop
a b α HP
February 22, 2013 4:04:18 AM

Is this the only wireless computer on the network? Have you tried other laptops? If not, it could be your wifi hardware on the router.
m
l
July 7, 2013 2:44:26 PM

fooglesmirsh said:
I reply pretty quick, so if you guys need any info i'm willing to send screenshots or anything that will help me fix this solution

Sorry for posting in an old thread...

Foogle... Did you find a solution to this issue? I have the same problem with my HP dv6. Mine will connect when I turn off WEP on the router, it will also connect to my Android Hotspot using WPA2. But once I turn WEP back on, It's back to the "endless Identifying Network".

BTW... I have many other devices connecting to the WEP network without issue.

m
l
!