Sprint Treo or Nextel Blackberry?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
February 16, 2005 11:09:36 AM

I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work, etc...)
Currently use primarially a i530 / Sanyo 4920 and a Handspring Visor Pro,
I'm not tied to a palm unit.

I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
Sprint PCS offers.

Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate Grafiti
and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.

Thanks

Scot
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 11:28:57 AM

Scot wrote:
> I subscribe to both Sprint PCS and Nextel. I am looking at getting a new
> PDA device (e-mail, schedule, notes, data storage & recall for work, etc...)
> Currently use primarially a i530 / Sanyo 4920 and a Handspring Visor Pro,
> I'm not tied to a palm unit.
>
> I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
> Sprint PCS offers.
>
> Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
> cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate Grafiti
> and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.
>
> Thanks
>
> Scot

Go to the sprint store and try out the Treo 650. I have been very happy
with mine for the past 3 months.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:22:58 PM

> I see that Nextel has a new Blackberry out and also the Treo series that
> Sprint PCS offers.

Nextel offers the Treo? That's news to me. PalmOne has not made an
iDEN-capable Treo.

> Can you guys that have experience with either give me advice and pros and
> cons. The major pro I see with the Blackberry is the keypad, I hate Grafiti
> and cannot type as fast on the onscreen keyboard of my Visor.

Uhm, have you even SEEN the Treo?

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/

The Treo line hasn't used Graffiti since the ill-fated 180, a few years
back. All of them use a blackberry-style keyboard now.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.