Dangerous Waters - demo released

Werewolf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

eddysterckx@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can queue-up for the demo and get terrible connection speeds at the
> usual haunts or ...
>
> ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/games/PC/gamershell/demo/Dangerous_Waters_Demo.zip
>
> but keep it quiet :)
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

Already got it and have played both scenarios.

I'm here to tell ya that driving a diesel sub is way different from a
Nuc - much more intense.

That said the game locks my PC up hard after about 10 minutes if the 3D
window is open on the map. If I close it soon after start up no lock up.
If I switch between full map and full 3D no lockup. It is only when both
are open at the same time that this occurs.

I've got every game Sonalysts has ever made and lockups are common and
they never address them - they just say get the latest drivers. They
pretty much ignore you when you come back and tell 'em "I've got the
latest drivers".

Anyway - the game looks good. I'm looking forward to playing it with the
Perry and the diesel subs. Couldn't give a hoot about the air units at all.

--
Werewolf

Peace is Good.
Freedom is BETTER!

Werewolf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

eddysterckx@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can queue-up for the demo and get terrible connection speeds at the
> usual haunts or ...
>
> ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/games/PC/gamershell/demo/Dangerous_Waters_Demo.zip
>
> but keep it quiet :)
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

Got it from the second mirror from the top of the list. No wait. Took
all of 9 minutes to DL the whole 257Mb. Just lucky I guess.

--
Werewolf

Peace is Good.
Freedom is BETTER!