Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hello! I'm New

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
March 19, 2005 7:23:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

I'm Nur, from Israel, 15 years old.

I hope to meet good people here.

More about : question

March 19, 2005 11:07:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Sorry, this is not a dating service. rec.audio.pro does not stand for
"receiving loud procreation"
JD

db wrote:

> I'm Nur, from Israel, 15 years old.
>
> I hope to meet good people here.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 1:52:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"db" wrote ...
> I'm Nur, from Israel, 15 years old.
> I hope to meet good people here.

This isn't really a newsgroup intended for meeting people.

Here are some suggestions for newcomers...

* "Lurk" (just reading without posting anything) for a few weeks
to get a good view of what happens here and who is who.

* Read the "FAQ" (Frequently Asked Questions) list for the
newsgroup. The FAQ for *this* newsgroup is online here...
http://www.recaudiopro.net/ Because this particular news-
group is about audio, there is also a set of CDs which show
off the recordings of many of the people here. Details also
on the same website.

* Study Usenet Newsgroup Etiquite (behavior also known
as "Netiqutte"). There are many sources online including...
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html
Related resources
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:15:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Nice to meet you Nur.....glad to see you're learning about audio at an early
age....stay outta trouble over there

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."

http://www.jdurango.com



"db" <nurnur@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1111235028.573151.14190@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I'm Nur, from Israel, 15 years old.
>
> I hope to meet good people here.
>
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 5:35:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Screw these jerks.... they try to run the place when in reality it is a
public forum.

It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm glad you are interested in audio and you
have come to a great place to gain information.



--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:15:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Hev" <nope> wrote in message news:cLKdnU-tKuxL46HfRVn-3w@comcast.com...

> Screw these jerks....


Well, well.... that's a wonderful way to describe who you are and how
much you mean to this place.

Love & kisses to you, too.


--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com
Morgan Audio Media Service
Dallas, Texas (214) 662-9901
_______________________________________
http://www.artisan-recordingstudio.com
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:15:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
news:w15%d.5493$uw6.4134@trnddc06...
>
> "Hev" <nope> wrote in message news:cLKdnU-tKuxL46HfRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>
>> Screw these jerks....
>
>
> Well, well.... that's a wonderful way to describe who you are and how
> much you mean to this place.
>
> Love & kisses to you, too.


Instead of saying hello and welcoming a young audio enthusiast people in
here shun them. Makes no sense to me.


--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:17:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:35:31 -0500, "Hev" <nope> wrote:

>
>Screw these jerks.... they try to run the place when in reality it is a
>public forum.

It sure seems a lot of people end up following the ideas of Emily
Postnews, most without even having heard of her, much less read her.

>It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm glad you are interested in audio and you
>have come to a great place to gain information.

And to find information on gain.
-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 8:01:12 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Hev" <nope> wrote in message news:_b-dneQY1I0neqHfRVn-tA@comcast.com...
> "David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
> news:w15%d.5493$uw6.4134@trnddc06...
> >
> > "Hev" <nope> wrote in message news:cLKdnU-tKuxL46HfRVn-3w@comcast.com...
> >
> >> Screw these jerks....
> >
> >
> > Well, well.... that's a wonderful way to describe who you are and how
> > much you mean to this place.
> >
> > Love & kisses to you, too.
>
>
> Instead of saying hello and welcoming a young audio enthusiast people in
> here shun them. Makes no sense to me.


I think Richard providing links to the group FAQ is a far cry from a "shun".

It's something you probably should have taken in before you started the silly
'downloaders are impervious to punishment' assault on a bunch of people
who make their living in music. If you had 'lurked' for a while, you could have
avoided a lot of embarrassment... and you're not making any additional friends
here by saying, "Screw these jerks," to another equally uninitiated individual.

Of course people are welcome... but those who tell veteran contributors from
the audio/music industry, that it's ok to steal intellectual property, and then to
just drop by long enough to offer the ocassional generic 'get screwed,' won't
exactly be earning exuberantly friendly vibes.

Two people had replied (one with a tasteless joke about teenage dating
and the other with some real information) before you decided it was time
to tell the whole lot of us to get screwed. Unfortunately, you chose the
post with *real* information in it to attack. Bad call. As we discussed
once before, you *really should* know who you're talking to before you talk.

DM
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 8:01:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
news:ss7%d.5595$uw6.4483@trnddc06...
>
> "Hev" <nope> wrote in message news:_b-dneQY1I0neqHfRVn-tA@comcast.com...
>> "David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
>> news:w15%d.5493$uw6.4134@trnddc06...
>> >
>> > "Hev" <nope> wrote in message
>> > news:cLKdnU-tKuxL46HfRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>> >
>> >> Screw these jerks....
>> >
>> >
>> > Well, well.... that's a wonderful way to describe who you are and how
>> > much you mean to this place.
>> >
>> > Love & kisses to you, too.
>>
>>
>> Instead of saying hello and welcoming a young audio enthusiast people in
>> here shun them. Makes no sense to me.
>
>
> I think Richard providing links to the group FAQ is a far cry from a
> "shun".
>
> It's something you probably should have taken in before you started the
> silly
> 'downloaders are impervious to punishment' assault on a bunch of people
> who make their living in music. If you had 'lurked' for a while, you
> could have
> avoided a lot of embarrassment... and you're not making any additional
> friends
> here by saying, "Screw these jerks," to another equally uninitiated
> individual.
>
> Of course people are welcome... but those who tell veteran contributors
> from
> the audio/music industry, that it's ok to steal intellectual property, and
> then to
> just drop by long enough to offer the ocassional generic 'get screwed,'
> won't
> exactly be earning exuberantly friendly vibes.
>
> Two people had replied (one with a tasteless joke about teenage dating
> and the other with some real information) before you decided it was time
> to tell the whole lot of us to get screwed. Unfortunately, you chose the
> post with *real* information in it to attack. Bad call. As we
> discussed
> once before, you *really should* know who you're talking to before you
> talk.


I don't care who people are if they are rude to someone simply saying hello.

Guess you are still bitter about our other discussion.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 8:01:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
news:ss7%d.5595$uw6.4483@trnddc06...
>
> "Hev" <nope> wrote in message news:_b-dneQY1I0neqHfRVn-tA@comcast.com...
>> "David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
>> news:w15%d.5493$uw6.4134@trnddc06...
>> >
>> > "Hev" <nope> wrote in message
>> > news:cLKdnU-tKuxL46HfRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>> >
>> >> Screw these jerks....
>> >
>> >
>> > Well, well.... that's a wonderful way to describe who you are and how
>> > much you mean to this place.
>> >
>> > Love & kisses to you, too.
>>
>>
>> Instead of saying hello and welcoming a young audio enthusiast people in
>> here shun them. Makes no sense to me.
>
>
> I think Richard providing links to the group FAQ is a far cry from a
> "shun".
>
> It's something you probably should have taken in before you started the
> silly
> 'downloaders are impervious to punishment' assault on a bunch of people
> who make their living in music. If you had 'lurked' for a while, you
> could have
> avoided a lot of embarrassment... and you're not making any additional
> friends
> here by saying, "Screw these jerks," to another equally uninitiated
> individual.
>
> Of course people are welcome... but those who tell veteran contributors
> from
> the audio/music industry, that it's ok to steal intellectual property, and
> then to
> just drop by long enough to offer the ocassional generic 'get screwed,'
> won't
> exactly be earning exuberantly friendly vibes.
>
> Two people had replied (one with a tasteless joke about teenage dating
> and the other with some real information) before you decided it was time
> to tell the whole lot of us to get screwed. Unfortunately, you chose the
> post with *real* information in it to attack. Bad call. As we
> discussed
> once before, you *really should* know who you're talking to before you
> talk.


Oh, I see. You thought I was referring to Mr. Crowley. Not at all... someone
made some wise crack to the poor guy introducing himself. Didn't even see
Mr. Crowley's post.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 11:01:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Hi Nur:

Welcome to the newsgroup. Sorry your introduction seems to have brought out
a certain amount of rancor; stick around, though, because it does get
better.

Peace,
Paul
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 11:12:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

If he's still checking in then he's passed the initiation hazing ritual
of rec.audio.pro.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 1:11:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Hev" <nope> wrote:
>
> I don't care who people are if they are rude to someone simply saying
> hello.


No one was being rude. The tone of the group lends itself to
good-natured jabs. Lighten up.

Besides, newbie had it coming. Imagine what would happen if he just
marched into a bar full of audio guys (and a bunch of wannabes) and
announced to the room that he was a kid chock-full o' enthusiasm and
lust for learning. I expect there would be a few chuckles and maybe a
smart-ass comment or two, don't you? Would you do that, or would you
grab a table and sit quietly, seeing what was going on for a while
before you said anything?

--
"It CAN'T be too loud... some of the red lights aren't even on yet!"
- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 1:28:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

db wrote:

> I'm Nur, from Israel, 15 years old.
>
> I hope to meet good people here.
>

I have to agree, your introduction isn't quite right. But it may be
completely innocent. Tell about your audio experience and aspirations
instead.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 2:42:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 05:01:12 GMT, "David Morgan \(MAMS\)"
<mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote:

>
>"Hev" <nope> wrote in message news:_b-dneQY1I0neqHfRVn-tA@comcast.com...
>> "David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
>> news:w15%d.5493$uw6.4134@trnddc06...
>> >
>> > "Hev" <nope> wrote in message news:cLKdnU-tKuxL46HfRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>> >
>> >> Screw these jerks....
>> >
>> >
>> > Well, well.... that's a wonderful way to describe who you are and how
>> > much you mean to this place.
>> >
>> > Love & kisses to you, too.
>>
>>
>> Instead of saying hello and welcoming a young audio enthusiast people in
>> here shun them. Makes no sense to me.
>
>
>I think Richard providing links to the group FAQ is a far cry from a "shun".

C'mon David, you have to admit that this group's attitudes towards
newcomers is often pretty caustic. Everyone has to be tested by fire
before they can be in the club.

Al

>
>It's something you probably should have taken in before you started the silly
>'downloaders are impervious to punishment' assault on a bunch of people
>who make their living in music. If you had 'lurked' for a while, you could have
>avoided a lot of embarrassment... and you're not making any additional friends
>here by saying, "Screw these jerks," to another equally uninitiated individual.
>
>Of course people are welcome... but those who tell veteran contributors from
>the audio/music industry, that it's ok to steal intellectual property, and then to
>just drop by long enough to offer the ocassional generic 'get screwed,' won't
>exactly be earning exuberantly friendly vibes.
>
>Two people had replied (one with a tasteless joke about teenage dating
>and the other with some real information) before you decided it was time
>to tell the whole lot of us to get screwed. Unfortunately, you chose the
>post with *real* information in it to attack. Bad call. As we discussed
>once before, you *really should* know who you're talking to before you talk.
>
>DM
>
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:02:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On 19 Mar 2005 04:23:48 -0800, "db" <nurnur@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm Nur, from Israel, 15 years old.
>
>I hope to meet good people here.

Hello, and welcome. I don't think I've ever seen any posts from Israel
here, before now.

This may help:
Consider using something other than "db" for this newsgroup. It's a
long story, but many folks may already have you kill-filed.



====================
Tracy Wintermute
arrgh@greenapple.com
Rushcreek Ranch
====================
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:39:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Very well stated David
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:40:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Very well stated David
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:19:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Hev wrote:
> "Matrixmusic" <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:1111358380.879389.41760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > Very well stated David
>
>
> Got something on your nose there...
>
>
>
> --
>
> -Hev
> remove your opinion to find me here:
> www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

When was the last time you contributed anything related to audio on
this group?
March 20, 2005 6:55:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Wow this is wild.

What a circle jerk!

Too many people with too many hours behind too many mixing boards.
Mixing too little talent for too little money. Drinking Too much coffee
and taking too many takes. No wonder everyone here is about as thin
skinned as an onion peel. Notice db hasn't had a word to say since his
first unfortunate post of just saying hello. He's got to be thinking 'I
just stepped into a room of a bunch of crazy mothertruckers....

This is as funny as hell!
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 7:01:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On 3/19/05 2:35 PM, in article cLKdnU-tKuxL46HfRVn-3w@comcast.com, "Hev"
<nope> wrote:

>
> Screw these jerks.... they try to run the place when in reality it is a
> public forum.
>
> It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm glad you are interested in audio and you
> have come to a great place to gain information.
>
>

Hev seems to like his 'young girls' with wrinkles, 3day beard growth,
stogie, dirty boxers and way too much take-out fallafl detritus,
saliva-jammed keyboard and carpal keyboard syndrome from working the net for
marks...
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 7:07:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

just so there's no confusion.
I'm no longer db
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 7:31:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

I'm interested to know who the mentors are? Is there a list?
kevin
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 9:02:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Matrixmusic" <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:1111358380.879389.41760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Very well stated David


Got something on your nose there...



--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 9:57:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Lorin David Schultz" <Lorin@DAMNSPAM!v5v.ca> wrote in message news:V_b%d.76176$gJ3.26168@clgrps13...
> "Hev" <nope> wrote:
> >
> > I don't care who people are if they are rude to someone simply saying
> > hello.
>
>
> No one was being rude. The tone of the group lends itself to
> good-natured jabs. Lighten up.
>
> Besides, newbie had it coming. Imagine what would happen if he just
> marched into a bar full of audio guys (and a bunch of wannabes) and
> announced to the room that he was a kid chock-full o' enthusiasm and
> lust for learning. I expect there would be a few chuckles and maybe a
> smart-ass comment or two, don't you? Would you do that, or would you
> grab a table and sit quietly, seeing what was going on for a while
> before you said anything?


It's all about the 'old guard' man.... if we don't start stealing music along
with "everyone else," we're just old dead meat in hev's book.

;-)

DM
March 21, 2005 12:51:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Go back to selling panties you wannabee.



Hev <nope> wrote in message news:cLKdnU-tKuxL46HfRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>
> Screw these jerks.... they try to run the place when in reality it is a
> public forum.
>
> It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm glad you are interested in audio and you
> have come to a great place to gain information.
>
>
>
> --
>
> -Hev
> remove your opinion to find me here:
> www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
>
>
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:51:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Troy" <alternate-root@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:wfm%d.740098$Xk.343292@pd7tw3no...
> Go back to selling panties you wannabee.


I detect a bit of jealously (and immaturity). I bet you would like some of
the strippers that come in to buy panties for their shows.


--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
March 21, 2005 1:37:31 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

No thanks......I'm not in to whores




Hev <nope> wrote in message news:NPmdneNW45sYZaDfRVn-hg@comcast.com...
> "Troy" <alternate-root@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:wfm%d.740098$Xk.343292@pd7tw3no...
> > Go back to selling panties you wannabee.
>
>
> I detect a bit of jealously (and immaturity). I bet you would like some of
> the strippers that come in to buy panties for their shows.
>
>
> --
>
> -Hev
> remove your opinion to find me here:
> www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
>
>
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:37:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Troy" <alternate-root@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:LWm%d.740967$Xk.175677@pd7tw3no...
> No thanks......I'm not in to whores


But you are at their level of maturity.



--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:42:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Hev wrote:
> Someone ragged on the new guy as it always happens in here. Not very
> encouraging and petty.

That's not nearly as lame as being the guy that hangs around a
newsgroup while never actually discussing the subject that said group
was created for.
March 21, 2005 2:05:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

You are such an ass.

You're the one with the maturity level in question......you don't know right
from wrong,you are a downloading theif.



Hev <nope> wrote in message news:f9adnfoEnd4RnaPfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
>
> "Troy" <alternate-root@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:LWm%d.740967$Xk.175677@pd7tw3no...
> > No thanks......I'm not in to whores
>
>
> But you are at their level of maturity.
>
>
>
> --
>
> -Hev
> remove your opinion to find me here:
> www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
>
>
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:05:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Troy" <alternate-root@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:kln%d.745081$8l.194507@pd7tw1no...
> You are such an ass.
>
> You're the one with the maturity level in question......you don't know
> right
> from wrong,you are a downloading theif.



I do download. So do most people of my generation. It's not going anywhere.
Get used to it.



--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:16:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Plonk. Plonk.

Peace,
Paul
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 4:24:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Tracy Wintermute" <arrgh@greenapple.com> wrote in message news:4flr31d02651q12co9m5c4oh62us9be1la@4ax.com...
> On 19 Mar 2005 04:23:48 -0800, "db" <nurnur@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm Nur, from Israel, 15 years old.
> >
> > I hope to meet good people here.
>
> Hello, and welcome. I don't think I've ever seen any posts from Israel
> here, before now.

We had a regular (Joav Shdema) for several years that ran a nice big
pro studio in Israel; then we had a New Yorker female hobbyist with us
for a while (Dahlia), who moved back to her family in Israel during the
spring of 2000 and stopped posting shortly after that. There have been
a few others but I don't remember the names.

DM
March 21, 2005 4:49:12 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Hev is not one of them thats for sure......he is a wannabe .....troll



Matrixmusic <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:1111365100.933846.174170@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I'm interested to know who the mentors are? Is there a list?
> kevin
>
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 5:51:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:24:48 GMT, "David Morgan \(MAMS\)"
<mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote:

>"Tracy Wintermute" <arrgh@greenapple.com> wrote in message news:4flr31d02651q12co9m5c4oh62us9be1la@4ax.com...
>> On 19 Mar 2005 04:23:48 -0800, "db" <nurnur@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think I've ever seen any posts from Israel
>> here, before now.
>
>We had a regular (Joav Shdema) for several years that ran a nice big
>pro studio in Israel; then we had a New Yorker female hobbyist with us
>for a while (Dahlia), who moved back to her family in Israel during the
>spring of 2000 and stopped posting shortly after that. There have been
>a few others but I don't remember the names.
>
>DM

OK, now that you mention it, I remember seeing Joav's name, but Dahlia
just doesn't ring a bell. Oh well, one of the best things about
getting older is... uhhh... first, put a finger in your chair and set
your ear on the amp, because it depends on the playoffs and
ruminations... and, I think single malt BBQ is better than second-hand
religion or politics if you're on a smokin' budget and applying
Scotchgard to your pork with an RNC.
Uhhh...were we discussing preamps, or downloading?


====================
Tracy Wintermute
arrgh@greenapple.com
Rushcreek Ranch
====================
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 6:45:03 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Lorin David Schultz wrote:

> Besides, newbie had it coming. Imagine what would happen if he just
> marched into a bar full of audio guys (and a bunch of wannabes) and
> announced to the room that he was a kid chock-full o' enthusiasm and
> lust for learning. I expect there would be a few chuckles and maybe a
> smart-ass comment or two, don't you? Would you do that, or would you
> grab a table and sit quietly, seeing what was going on for a while
> before you said anything?

A young friend of mine who is a fine musician and a very good guitar
player is going through Humboldt State after a bachelor's in music,
because he wants to teach. Not long ago after a stage band rehearsal he
and a few of the other players were hanging out when in walked a young
man who asked if there were any guitar players around. Several were, and
he was so told. He then said he wanted to learn Fur Elise for his
girlfriend for Valentine's Day. Turned out he had never played guitar;
he just figured this wouldn't be difficult. My friend told him, "Just
buy her some roses". All 'round laughter followed.

--
ha
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 6:45:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Hev <nope> wrote:

> Oh, I see. You thought I was referring to Mr. Crowley. Not at all... someone
> made some wise crack to the poor guy introducing himself. Didn't even see
> Mr. Crowley's post.

Then you are the single dumbest idiot ever to hit this group. Precisely
to whom in the entire world did you presume to have replied? Nice that
someone who has the future of the music business world all figured out
can't even work a newsreader. This is exactly what is known as "dumbing
down". Apparently you are already working out of a mental basement. You
replied _directly_ to Richard's post.

--
ha
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 6:45:05 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"hank alrich" <walkinay@thegrid.net> wrote in message
news:1gtptde.10t4zvtqdiquoN%walkinay@thegrid.net...
> Hev <nope> wrote:
>
>> Oh, I see. You thought I was referring to Mr. Crowley. Not at all...
>> someone
>> made some wise crack to the poor guy introducing himself. Didn't even see
>> Mr. Crowley's post.
>
> Then you are the single dumbest idiot ever to hit this group. Precisely
> to whom in the entire world did you presume to have replied? Nice that
> someone who has the future of the music business world all figured out
> can't even work a newsreader. This is exactly what is known as "dumbing
> down". Apparently you are already working out of a mental basement. You
> replied _directly_ to Richard's post.


Someone ragged on the new guy as it always happens in here. Not very
encouraging and petty.


--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:21:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Tracy Wintermute wrote:

> Hello, and welcome. I don't think I've ever seen any posts from Israel
> here, before now.

Joav Shdema used to post here now and then.

--
ha
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:42:55 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

FWIW (and those reading this expecting me to top-post), I put my
comments at the end of all this:

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 02:16:17 -0500, "Hev" <nope> wrote:

>"David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
>news:ss7%d.5595$uw6.4483@trnddc06...
>>
>> "Hev" <nope> wrote in message news:_b-dneQY1I0neqHfRVn-tA@comcast.com...
>>> "David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
>>> news:w15%d.5493$uw6.4134@trnddc06...
>>> >
>>> > "Hev" <nope> wrote in message
>>> > news:cLKdnU-tKuxL46HfRVn-3w@comcast.com...
>>> >
>>> >> Screw these jerks....
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > Well, well.... that's a wonderful way to describe who you are and how
>>> > much you mean to this place.
>>> >
>>> > Love & kisses to you, too.
>>>
>>>
>>> Instead of saying hello and welcoming a young audio enthusiast people in
>>> here shun them. Makes no sense to me.
>>
>>
>> I think Richard providing links to the group FAQ is a far cry from a
>> "shun".
>>
>> It's something you probably should have taken in before you started the
>> silly
>> 'downloaders are impervious to punishment' assault on a bunch of people
>> who make their living in music. If you had 'lurked' for a while, you
>> could have
>> avoided a lot of embarrassment... and you're not making any additional
>> friends
>> here by saying, "Screw these jerks," to another equally uninitiated
>> individual.
>>
>> Of course people are welcome... but those who tell veteran contributors
>> from
>> the audio/music industry, that it's ok to steal intellectual property, and
>> then to
>> just drop by long enough to offer the ocassional generic 'get screwed,'
>> won't
>> exactly be earning exuberantly friendly vibes.
>>
>> Two people had replied (one with a tasteless joke about teenage dating
>> and the other with some real information) before you decided it was time
>> to tell the whole lot of us to get screwed. Unfortunately, you chose the
>> post with *real* information in it to attack. Bad call. As we
>> discussed
>> once before, you *really should* know who you're talking to before you
>> talk.
>
>
>I don't care who people are if they are rude to someone simply saying hello.
>
>Guess you are still bitter about our other discussion.

I don't speak for Dave, but perhaps he (or let's say some Generic
RAP Poster) might be bitter in general, and it have nothing to do with
you.
Perhaps you might read Q1.9 in the FAQ (don't be connfused, there's
an error: this question is listed as Q1.8 in the Table Of Contents but
is Q1.9 in the main body). That answer is (IMHO) one of the more
valuable ones in the FAQ, allowing me to get more information from
this or any newsgroup than I otherwise would have, even in the cases
where I was being "ripped a new one."

>--
>
>-Hev
>remove your opinion to find me here:
>www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
>

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
March 21, 2005 8:37:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Try minding your own business .........for you that would be the panty
business......let the pros here take care of the music business that is "so
corrupt" as you say.

Hev you really don't belong here and as far as I'm concerned you are a troll
and have nothing to add ,all you do is argue about issues that people here
feel strongly about.You are the demise of the industry.Sell your recording
gear to someone more responsable and join a panty selling forum.




Hev <nope> wrote in message news:o tKdnXRncNfxxKPfRVn-vA@comcast.com...
> "hank alrich" <walkinay@thegrid.net> wrote in message
> news:1gtptde.10t4zvtqdiquoN%walkinay@thegrid.net...
> > Hev <nope> wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, I see. You thought I was referring to Mr. Crowley. Not at all...
> >> someone
> >> made some wise crack to the poor guy introducing himself. Didn't even
see
> >> Mr. Crowley's post.
> >
> > Then you are the single dumbest idiot ever to hit this group. Precisely
> > to whom in the entire world did you presume to have replied? Nice that
> > someone who has the future of the music business world all figured out
> > can't even work a newsreader. This is exactly what is known as "dumbing
> > down". Apparently you are already working out of a mental basement. You
> > replied _directly_ to Richard's post.
>
>
> Someone ragged on the new guy as it always happens in here. Not very
> encouraging and petty.
>
>
> --
>
> -Hev
> remove your opinion to find me here:
> www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 9:59:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Hev" <nope> wrote:
>
> Things change, including the guard.


So, New Guard, are you ready to step up and fill Dave's shoes? You have
similar depth of experience, ear training, technical knowledge and
practical expertise? Are you prepared to be the valuable resource to
this group that Dave is? Can you generously offer others the benefit of
significant audio expertise that Dave and so many others do? If not,
STFU. If you drive away the "Old Guard," what do you expect this group
will become?

Much like the P2P argument, you seem to be firmly bent on taking down
anything older than you, but with no thought to alternative constructs.
You can tear down your house because it doesn't fit the new paradigm,
but think about where you will live once you do.

Again, I stress that I welcome your opinions and observations, but hope
that you will THINK about what you're writing. You could even
acknowledge that maybe, just maybe, some of the old farts' opinions are
not based so much on resistance to change as having had the benefit of
seeing the consequences of their actions a few million times. This
tends to develop an ability to think ahead and predict potential
outcomes. They won't always be right, but most of the time they'll be
closer than you seem to think.

--
"It CAN'T be too loud... some of the red lights aren't even on yet!"
- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:00:31 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Matrixmusic" <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:1111365100.933846.174170@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I'm interested to know who the mentors are? Is there a list?
> kevin



Yes Kevin, you're it.

--
"It CAN'T be too loud... some of the red lights aren't even on yet!"
- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:41:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Yes, as a rational person I am allowed to judge whatever information I
see fit to judge. I couldn't care less about your viewpoint on the P2P
issue. Your position on the P2P issue has nothing to do with the fact
that you're constantly trolling this group with off-topic politics.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:56:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Troy" <alternate-root@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:u4t%d.748582$8l.101434@pd7tw1no...
> Try minding your own business .........for you that would be the panty
> business......let the pros here take care of the music business that is
> "so
> corrupt" as you say.
>
> Hev you really don't belong here and as far as I'm concerned you are a
> troll
> and have nothing to add ,all you do is argue about issues that people here
> feel strongly about.You are the demise of the industry.Sell your recording
> gear to someone more responsable and join a panty selling forum.


You would be amazed at how many people in here earn an income through other
means other than audio.



--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:58:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

<TheBenevolentUniversePremise@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1111387350.753190.221480@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>
> Hev wrote:
>> Someone ragged on the new guy as it always happens in here. Not very
>> encouraging and petty.
>
> That's not nearly as lame as being the guy that hangs around a
> newsgroup while never actually discussing the subject that said group
> was created for.


And you get to be the judge of that? The last large discussion I was
involved with was on P2P, which happens to be a topic that is greatly
affecting the audio industry. Just because you don't agree with my stance on
it doesn't give you the right to call it off topic.



--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:01:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

"Lorin David Schultz" <Lorin@DAMNSPAM!v5v.ca> wrote in message
news:3hu%d.83497$fc4.42348@edtnps89...
> "Hev" <nope> wrote:
>>
>> Things change, including the guard.
>
>
> So, New Guard, are you ready to step up and fill Dave's shoes? You have
> similar depth of experience, ear training, technical knowledge and
> practical expertise? Are you prepared to be the valuable resource to this
> group that Dave is? Can you generously offer others the benefit of
> significant audio expertise that Dave and so many others do? If not,
> STFU. If you drive away the "Old Guard," what do you expect this group
> will become?
>
> Much like the P2P argument, you seem to be firmly bent on taking down
> anything older than you, but with no thought to alternative constructs.
> You can tear down your house because it doesn't fit the new paradigm, but
> think about where you will live once you do.
>
> Again, I stress that I welcome your opinions and observations, but hope
> that you will THINK about what you're writing. You could even acknowledge
> that maybe, just maybe, some of the old farts' opinions are not based so
> much on resistance to change as having had the benefit of seeing the
> consequences of their actions a few million times. This tends to develop
> an ability to think ahead and predict potential outcomes. They won't
> always be right, but most of the time they'll be closer than you seem to
> think.


I love your input on a wide variety of topics, I've learned a lot. But it
doesn't mean you have the right to be mean to newcomers or claim to run this
public forum. And it doesn't mean you understand the youth movement of P2P.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me here:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:36:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Why thankyou Dave,
I guess the doctorate in performance and compostion is paying off
!