BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Let me explain my setup,I have two PC's at my home.On is a 1.4 and the other is 1800. Both are running XP Home. I am not on a network with anyone else that is why I share my c drive,and while I'm on the net that is shut down with my fire wall. At first when I setup networking with XP it worked fine. I was able to share files and printer. Al of a sudden one night I wanted to transfer a 30meg file to the 1800 and it said access was denied,make sure that your disk is not write protected,not in use or disk not full. I am running through a cat 5 cable and 3 com port. I beleive I can still share the printer. I would like to find a better way to transfer file and share the printer if I am going to be hassled with XP like this. I ahve no Idea what is causing this, I have all trough networking and security unless I am just missing something. Thanks for the reply, amy suggestions would be appreciated. Bruce

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Hmm haven't you asked this about 3 times?

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
HMMM! Yes I did. But when asked bye someone else about the setup I was running I figured the polite thing to do was reply. I appreciate all the suggestions and have worked out the problem today with My XP mauual.It was a issue with settings being alittle different on my two PC's. Just a minor adjustment after days of searching, bruce

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
You didn't reply, you made a new thread heh...

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Sorry,I have been new to the forum business and really was not quite sure untill your last reply.I like the forum help alot of people out, I don't charge anything and just like helping people. I have to rely on you guys from time and time for help on some issues that stump me. I really appreciate all your help and some day there will be a issue that I have come across and might be some help. Although reading the XP archives every night as I do you guys are really good, Keep up the nice work. There is alot of people out there that really need you. Thanks Bruce