Anyone have any experience with the Samsung i500?

Last response: in Network Providers
a b Ô Samsung
February 23, 2005 8:33:33 AM

I've been looking at it for a while and I think I'm going to pick it up...
if it has a good rep. I don't want the i600... just something about having
Windows on a mobile device doesn't do anything for me and I've had a bad
experience with one a while ago.

So, anyway, anyone have anything to say about the i500... good or bad no
matter how irrelevant you might think it is I would like to hear it.

Also.. anyone know where I can get a good holster for it? I don't want the
leather case and I didn't find any other case for it. A holster would be the
best for me.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
February 23, 2005 9:44:17 PM

No one owns the Samsung i500? I find that hard tro believe. Oh well, I have
14 days to return it if I don't like it.

"Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've been looking at it for a while and I think I'm going to pick it up...
> if it has a good rep. I don't want the i600... just something about having
> Windows on a mobile device doesn't do anything for me and I've had a bad
> experience with one a while ago.
>
> So, anyway, anyone have anything to say about the i500... good or bad no
> matter how irrelevant you might think it is I would like to hear it.
>
> Also.. anyone know where I can get a good holster for it? I don't want the
> leather case and I didn't find any other case for it. A holster would be
the
> best for me.

February 23, 2005 10:52:50 PM

I bought one for the misses for Christmas. She loves it. I have
nothing but praise for the device. Personally though, I love my MPX220
smartphone....

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:33:33 GMT, "Scooterflex"
<scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I've been looking at it for a while and I think I'm going to pick it up...
>if it has a good rep. I don't want the i600... just something about having
>Windows on a mobile device doesn't do anything for me and I've had a bad
>experience with one a while ago.
>
>So, anyway, anyone have anything to say about the i500... good or bad no
>matter how irrelevant you might think it is I would like to hear it.
>
>Also.. anyone know where I can get a good holster for it? I don't want the
>leather case and I didn't find any other case for it. A holster would be the
>best for me.

a b Ô Samsung
February 24, 2005 5:12:00 AM

Thanks for the input. I plan on getting it tomorrow. I was going to get it
today but never got a chance to get t the store.

"Sean" <sideswipe@optimumonline.net> wrote in message
> I bought one for the misses for Christmas. She loves it. I have
> nothing but praise for the device. Personally though, I love my MPX220
> smartphone....
>
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:33:33 GMT, "Scooterflex"
> <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >I've been looking at it for a while and I think I'm going to pick it
up...
> >if it has a good rep. I don't want the i600... just something about
having
> >Windows on a mobile device doesn't do anything for me and I've had a bad
> >experience with one a while ago.
> >
> >So, anyway, anyone have anything to say about the i500... good or bad no
> >matter how irrelevant you might think it is I would like to hear it.
> >
> >Also.. anyone know where I can get a good holster for it? I don't want
the
> >leather case and I didn't find any other case for it. A holster would be
the
> >best for me.

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
February 26, 2005 7:08:58 PM

In article <NAUSd.1156$7x6.1127@fe07.usenetserver.com>, "Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I've been looking at it for a while and I think I'm going to pick it up...
>if it has a good rep. I don't want the i600... just something about having
>Windows on a mobile device doesn't do anything for me and I've had a bad
>experience with one a while ago.
>
>So, anyway, anyone have anything to say about the i500... good or bad no
>matter how irrelevant you might think it is I would like to hear it.

I've had the i500 for 18 months and I totally love it. Well it does a couple
problems, foremost the lack of memory slots, speakerphone, real SMS,
and PalmOS 5.x, but for the form factor, nothing beats it.

Anyways, if you didn't know, you should visit www.pdaphonehome.com
for the most active i500 forum.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
February 27, 2005 12:23:30 AM

I've got one.

Love it.

> Thanks for the input. I plan on getting it tomorrow. I was going to get it
> today but never got a chance to get t the store.
>
> "Sean" <sideswipe@optimumonline.net> wrote in message
>> I bought one for the misses for Christmas. She loves it. I have
>> nothing but praise for the device. Personally though, I love my MPX220
>> smartphone....
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:33:33 GMT, "Scooterflex"
>> <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I've been looking at it for a while and I think I'm going to pick it
> up...
>> >if it has a good rep. I don't want the i600... just something about
> having
>> >Windows on a mobile device doesn't do anything for me and I've had a bad
>> >experience with one a while ago.
>> >
>> >So, anyway, anyone have anything to say about the i500... good or bad no
>> >matter how irrelevant you might think it is I would like to hear it.
>> >
>> >Also.. anyone know where I can get a good holster for it? I don't want
> the
>> >leather case and I didn't find any other case for it. A holster would be
> the
>> >best for me.

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
February 27, 2005 3:06:30 AM

I bought it Thursday and I can't believe how much I like this thing. Now I
only have to decide what apps to load onto it. I did find a site that has
some adds for the i500 specifically. Here it is:

http://www.aporia.us/mambo/index.php

and another but this one has a cool app to make your own wallpaper for the
i500

http://i500.nopdesign.com/create.esiml

Have fun... I know I am.

!