Sprint PCS Email problems

Last response: in Network Providers
February 25, 2005 8:49:26 AM

I am having problems accessing my Sprint PCS email from any portal except
the web page. I had this problem with my last SPCS account, on which I
finally gave up; I have a new account and a new Treo 650 and was hoping
to get it working this time.

No matter what I do, I get an "ERR Authentication Failed" from both my
Eudora 6.2 setup and the Treo's VersaMail setup. I even went in and
changed my username and password to be sure I wasn't using the wrong
settings. I can log into the email web portal and send and receive mail
with it no problem.

VersaMail is set up:
Account Name: VersaMail
Service: SprintPCS
[username]
[password]
[username]@sprintpcs.com
pop.sprintpcs.com
smtp.sprintpcs.com
All advanced options unchecked, as default

Eudora is set up identically.

Both generate the above error.

What the &*%^$# am I doing wrong?

--
|=- James Gifford = FIX SPAMTRAP TO REPLY -=|
|=- So... your philosophy fits in a sig, does it? -=|

James Gifford wrote:
> I am having problems accessing my Sprint PCS email from any portal except
> the web page. I had this problem with my last SPCS account, on which I
> finally gave up; I have a new account and a new Treo 650 and was hoping
> to get it working this time.
>
> No matter what I do, I get an "ERR Authentication Failed" from both my
> Eudora 6.2 setup and the Treo's VersaMail setup. I even went in and
> changed my username and password to be sure I wasn't using the wrong
> settings. I can log into the email web portal and send and receive mail
> with it no problem.
>
> VersaMail is set up:
> Account Name: VersaMail
> Service: SprintPCS
> [username]
> [password]
> [username]@sprintpcs.com
> pop.sprintpcs.com
> smtp.sprintpcs.com
> All advanced options unchecked, as default
>
> Eudora is set up identically.
>
> Both generate the above error.
>
> What the &*%^$# am I doing wrong?

James,

Probably nothing. I had major problems with both programs accessing
sprintmail, although not with my base email on Cox. Take a look at
Aileron. It is a service, works well, and will push email notifications
as well. I liked it so much I signed up for 3 years.

Neil
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 7:57:21 PM

Neil Alex <neilalex@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What the &*%^$# am I doing wrong?

> Probably nothing. I had major problems with both programs accessing
> sprintmail, although not with my base email on Cox. Take a look at
> Aileron. It is a service, works well, and will push email
> notifications as well. I liked it so much I signed up for 3 years.

I actually got it working, both desktop and VersaMail. Too many
conflicting usernames, passwords, etc.! Also had to wait for the system
to update the username and password changes; what a difference just
throwing the thing in the drawer overnight made. :)

I cannot get the BizConnect mail to work, at all, though. It keeps
dumping the user information. Is there a comprehensive manual, guide,
anything for BC anywhere? I have it partially working but can't seem to
do anything very useful with it. It would (apparently) serve my needs as
well as a more complex VPN setup, but I can add my phone to my VPN if
necessary.

Does BC work worth a damn? Why can't I get the email to retain user info
and hook up?

--
|=- James Gifford = FIX SPAMTRAP TO REPLY -=|
|=- So... your philosophy fits in a sig, does it? -=|
March 6, 2005 6:16:30 PM

James,

Did you find a solution to your Sprint PCS email access problem with
VersaMail? I am having the exact same symptoms. I can access my PCS
email account with the browser, but not by a VersaMail account. I
get the same "-ERR Authentication failed" message.

Henry Kerr
!