Sprint PCS Email problems

I am having problems accessing my Sprint PCS email from any portal except
the web page. I had this problem with my last SPCS account, on which I
finally gave up; I have a new account and a new Treo 650 and was hoping
to get it working this time.

No matter what I do, I get an "ERR Authentication Failed" from both my
Eudora 6.2 setup and the Treo's VersaMail setup. I even went in and
changed my username and password to be sure I wasn't using the wrong
settings. I can log into the email web portal and send and receive mail
with it no problem.

VersaMail is set up:
Account Name: VersaMail
Service: SprintPCS
[username]
[password]
[username]@sprintpcs.com
pop.sprintpcs.com
smtp.sprintpcs.com
All advanced options unchecked, as default

Eudora is set up identically.

Both generate the above error.

What the &*%^$# am I doing wrong?

--
|=- James Gifford = FIX SPAMTRAP TO REPLY -=|
|=- So... your philosophy fits in a sig, does it? -=|

    James Gifford wrote:
    > I am having problems accessing my Sprint PCS email from any portal except
    > the web page. I had this problem with my last SPCS account, on which I
    > finally gave up; I have a new account and a new Treo 650 and was hoping
    > to get it working this time.
    >
    > No matter what I do, I get an "ERR Authentication Failed" from both my
    > Eudora 6.2 setup and the Treo's VersaMail setup. I even went in and
    > changed my username and password to be sure I wasn't using the wrong
    > settings. I can log into the email web portal and send and receive mail
    > with it no problem.
    >
    > VersaMail is set up:
    > Account Name: VersaMail
    > Service: SprintPCS
    > [username]
    > [password]
    > [username]@sprintpcs.com
    > pop.sprintpcs.com
    > smtp.sprintpcs.com
    > All advanced options unchecked, as default
    >
    > Eudora is set up identically.
    >
    > Both generate the above error.
    >
    > What the &*%^$# am I doing wrong?

    James,

    Probably nothing. I had major problems with both programs accessing
    sprintmail, although not with my base email on Cox. Take a look at
    Aileron. It is a service, works well, and will push email notifications
    as well. I liked it so much I signed up for 3 years.

    Neil

    Neil Alex <neilalex@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> What the &*%^$# am I doing wrong?

    > Probably nothing. I had major problems with both programs accessing
    > sprintmail, although not with my base email on Cox. Take a look at
    > Aileron. It is a service, works well, and will push email
    > notifications as well. I liked it so much I signed up for 3 years.

    I actually got it working, both desktop and VersaMail. Too many
    conflicting usernames, passwords, etc.! Also had to wait for the system
    to update the username and password changes; what a difference just
    throwing the thing in the drawer overnight made. :)

    I cannot get the BizConnect mail to work, at all, though. It keeps
    dumping the user information. Is there a comprehensive manual, guide,
    anything for BC anywhere? I have it partially working but can't seem to
    do anything very useful with it. It would (apparently) serve my needs as
    well as a more complex VPN setup, but I can add my phone to my VPN if
    necessary.

    Does BC work worth a damn? Why can't I get the email to retain user info
    and hook up?

    --
    |=- James Gifford = FIX SPAMTRAP TO REPLY -=|
    |=- So... your philosophy fits in a sig, does it? -=|

    James,

    Did you find a solution to your Sprint PCS email access problem with
    VersaMail? I am having the exact same symptoms. I can access my PCS
    email account with the browser, but not by a VersaMail account. I
    get the same "-ERR Authentication failed" message.

    Henry Kerr

Sprint PCS Email Internet Service Providers