"Get your mug in a game" contest

Hi,

Ever wanted to appear in a computer game ?

The wargamer just announced a contest where you can get your ugly mug
in the game Supreme Ruler 2010.

Read all about it here :

http://www.wargamer.com/contests/sr2010/

Sadly US and Canada only

<insert tirade about the rest of us probably not being considered
prospective customers - and making a mental note of that>

<insert snide remark about the makers of something called "Supreme
Ruler" not being able to handle overseas e-mail>

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

eddysterckx@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ever wanted to appear in a computer game ?
>
> The wargamer just announced a contest where you can get your ugly mug
> in the game Supreme Ruler 2010.
>
> Read all about it here :
>
> http://www.wargamer.com/contests/sr2010/
>
> Sadly US and Canada only
>
> <insert tirade about the rest of us probably not being considered
> prospective customers - and making a mental note of that>
>
> <insert snide remark about the makers of something called "Supreme
> Ruler" not being able to handle overseas e-mail>
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

it's sad the trial and tribulations and the poinsonous arrows of fate
third worlders must suffer.

Mike Kreuzer wrote:
> Do they assign the winners to a particular part of the political
spectrum based
> on their Usenet posts? That'd be funny.

Giftzwerg : Ghengis Khan : strikes like lightning on his unsuspecting
foe, ruthless and efficient - has this "conquer Earth" business
wrapped up in a weekend.
Old Salt : Grumpy from the Seven Dwarfs : ok, I'll rule this planet but
I'm not happy about it.
Vincenzo Beretta : Captain Bertorelli from 'Allo 'Allo : he'll conquer
Earth just to add more style to it and befriend everyone.
Gandalf Parker : Illuminati #1 : can carefully explain why he should be
ruler of Earth and have people agree with it.
Oleg Mastruko : Crazy Ivan from the Sun Tzu's Art of War game : having
a great time ruling Earth, but really can't say why.
me : Mao : I'll happily exterminate you to gain controll of Earth, but
I'll do it politely

My apologies to everyone I forgot or included :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

In article <1110437327.722865.247990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
eddysterckx@hotmail.com says...

> Mike Kreuzer wrote:
> > Do they assign the winners to a particular part of the political
> spectrum based
> > on their Usenet posts? That'd be funny.
>
> Giftzwerg : Ghengis Khan : strikes like lightning on his unsuspecting
> foe, ruthless and efficient - has this "conquer Earth" business
> wrapped up in a weekend.
> Old Salt : Grumpy from the Seven Dwarfs : ok, I'll rule this planet but
> I'm not happy about it.
> Vincenzo Beretta : Captain Bertorelli from 'Allo 'Allo : he'll conquer
> Earth just to add more style to it and befriend everyone.
> Gandalf Parker : Illuminati #1 : can carefully explain why he should be
> ruler of Earth and have people agree with it.
> Oleg Mastruko : Crazy Ivan from the Sun Tzu's Art of War game : having
> a great time ruling Earth, but really can't say why.
> me : Mao : I'll happily exterminate you to gain controll of Earth, but
> I'll do it politely
>
> My apologies to everyone I forgot or included :)

You forgot Khakhan Eddie Sterckz I : Quietly and unceremoniously took
over while everyone else was milling about helplessly. While everyone
was wondering, "Emperor who?", he provided two dozen useful and helpful
*fuhrerbefehln* consisting of points of interest to all. Oh, and in his
first brutal, uncompromising ukaz he changed the spelling of
"Leeuwarden" to what everyone knew it was in the first place. Dammnit.

--
Giftzwerg
***

Ignoring, fortunately, the assault from clever world opinion on
America=3Fs motives, its credibility and its ambitions, the Bush
Administration set out not only to eliminate immediate threats
but also to remake the Middle East."
- Gerard Baker

Do they assign the winners to a particular part of the political spectrum based
on their Usenet posts? That'd be funny.
- Mike Kreuzer

"ray o'hara" <reoh@comcast.net> wrote in message

> eddysterckx@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ever wanted to appear in a computer game ?
>>
>> The wargamer just announced a contest where you can get your ugly mug
>> in the game Supreme Ruler 2010.
>>
>> Read all about it here :
>>
>> http://www.wargamer.com/contests/sr2010/
>>
>> Sadly US and Canada only
>>
>> <insert tirade about the rest of us probably not being considered
>> prospective customers - and making a mental note of that>
>>
>> <insert snide remark about the makers of something called "Supreme
>> Ruler" not being able to handle overseas e-mail>
>>
>> Greetz,
>>
>> Eddy Sterckx
>

> it's sad the trial and tribulations and the poinsonous arrows of fate
> third worlders must suffer.

> My apologies to everyone I forgot or included :)

Harumph. MajorH: Sidewalk vendor. Doesn't want to rule anything but would
like everyone to purchase several copies of TacOps. In fact believes that
TacOps CDs should be a legal currency substitute for the 20 dollar bill. :)

Best regards, Major H.
tacops@mac.com

Giftzwerg <giftzwerg999@hotmail.com> wrote in

> You forgot Khakhan Eddie Sterckz I : Quietly and unceremoniously took
> over while everyone else was milling about helplessly. While everyone
> was wondering, "Emperor who?", he provided two dozen useful and helpful
> *fuhrerbefehln* consisting of points of interest to all. Oh, and in his
> first brutal, uncompromising ukaz he changed the spelling of
> "Leeuwarden" to what everyone knew it was in the first place. Dammnit.

LOL - yeah, that last thing sure thought me to double-check things I *know*
are correct :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx