Grand Canyon Coverage?

Does Sprint have coverage in the Grand Canyon (either native or roaming
coverage)? I am planning a trip there later this month.

-mij

Surprisingly, still no Verizon
coverage in Grand Canyon, and no roaming possible on Alltel's site there now
on the AC2 plan. Cingular does have coverage there, now.
14 answers Last reply
More about grand canyon coverage

    "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
    > Does Sprint have coverage in the Grand Canyon (either native or roaming
    > coverage)? I am planning a trip there later this month.

    Sprint tower maps =
    http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/coverage/towermaps.html

    Mij Adyaw wrote:
    > Does Sprint have coverage in the Grand Canyon (either native or roaming
    > coverage)? I am planning a trip there later this month.

    There's partial native, partial roaming coverage.

    Mij, perhaps you should check the SPCS website for these things? The
    site does allow you to pick a state, and then select cities in that
    state to get a map view of coverage.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    I do not trust the Sprint cell map site. It will not even display the
    coverage map for the LA area. When I click on LA, I do not see a map and
    therefore I question the accuracy of the maps for other areas.

    "Isaiah Beard" <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
    > Mij Adyaw wrote:
    >> Does Sprint have coverage in the Grand Canyon (either native or roaming
    >> coverage)? I am planning a trip there later this month.
    >
    > There's partial native, partial roaming coverage.
    >
    > Mij, perhaps you should check the SPCS website for these things? The site
    > does allow you to pick a state, and then select cities in that state to
    > get a map view of coverage.
    >
    > --
    > E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    > Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.

    I can view the LA map. Maybe you need a newer java program or
    something? I remember I couldn't view the maps until I downloaded a
    special program for it.

    Larry,

    Please tell me how you can view the LA map? I downloaded and installed the
    latest JAVA and have tired with both Internet Explorer and the Firefox
    browsers. I would really like to see that map because I live in the OC area.

    Thanks,

    -mij

    <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I can view the LA map. Maybe you need a newer java program or
    > something? I remember I couldn't view the maps until I downloaded a
    > special program for it.

    I can view it on both internet explorer 6.0 and netscape 7.2. I also
    have the latest java web start program (version 1.4.2_06). All of the
    maps work for me. I have no idea why they don't work for everyone.
    But I've heard others complain about not being able to view them
    either.

    I can view some of the maps in other states however I cannot view most of
    the California maps. Does anyone have any idea what is up with this?

    >I can view it on both internet explorer 6.0 and netscape 7.2. I also
    > have the latest java web start program (version 1.4.2_06). All of the
    > maps work for me. I have no idea why they don't work for everyone.
    > But I've heard others complain about not being able to view them
    > either.

    Did you try deleting all history and cache files in your web browser
    then restarting your computer? Sometimes that works for me.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I'm pretty sure there is no Sprint native coverage at the Grand Canyon.
    Only roaming on Alltel.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Mij Adyaw wrote:
    > I do not trust the Sprint cell map site.

    But you trust usenet? Curious, that.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I trust the actual experience of people that have been in the Grand Canyon
    with a Sprint Phone. :-)
    From what I understand on sprintusers.com, those maps are wayu out-of-date.

    > Mij Adyaw wrote:
    >> I do not trust the Sprint cell map site.
    >

    > But you trust usenet? Curious, that.
    >

    > --
    > E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    > Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Is the roaming in digital or analog mode?

    > I'm pretty sure there is no Sprint native coverage at the Grand Canyon.
    > Only roaming on Alltel.

  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    The Coverage Locator on the Verizon Wireless website shows "Extended
    Digital" coverage at Grand Canyon Village, AZ (the south rim).
    "Extended Digital" means digital roaming on some other carrier. So
    someone has CDMA there.

    It could be Alltel, who is the A-side CDMA carrier there and with whom
    Sprint has roaming arrangements elsewhere. Or it could be the B-side
    CDMA carrier Mohave Wireless. There is a current thread about them in
    the alt.cellular.verizon newsgroup. They're 40% owned by Verizon, so
    Verizon is probably roaming on them.

    The Flagstaff, AZ map on the Sprint website just shows roaming (west of
    Tuba City). So I guess none of this indicates if Sprint has analog or
    digital roaming there. Have a nice trip and let us know what you find.

    Mij Adyaw wrote:
    > Is the roaming in digital or analog mode?
    >
    > <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm pretty sure there is no Sprint native coverage at the Grand Canyon.
    >>Only roaming on Alltel.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <qsIUd.89326$bu.37621@fed1read06>, "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    >Does Sprint have coverage in the Grand Canyon (either native or roaming
    >coverage)? I am planning a trip there later this month.

    I was in the Grand Canyon about 2 years ago (South Rim). I vaguely remember
    that Sprint's coverage was very spotty, but there was roaming available, even
    part way down into the canyon itself. So make sure you have a roaming
    option set up on your Sprint account before you go, either FCA or at least
    a roaming bundle.

Sprint PCS Cingular Internet Service Providers