Audio Technica AT-RMX6 Mixer Console , 4 Track Recorder

Last response: in Home Audio
March 20, 2005 10:13:57 PM

Hope this is of interest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7309...

Audio Technica AT-RMX6, 6 Channel mixer/4 Track recorder. This unit is
in

Near Mint Condition. The BEST 4 track console EVER made IMO. This unit
is

SUPER CLEAN! Check the photos.

This is a serious portastudio for someone that wants a solid console
feel

in a compact unit (great forlearning big console techniques).

Dimensions: 23.3 wide, 20.4 deep and 5.4 high. This unit weighs 50lbs,
so

its built very well indeed.

More Specs:

-6 channel mixer (with faders), 4 track recorder with 6 balanced (XLR)
ins

and 6 unbalanced (1/4 inch) ins
-3 Direct drive motors
-4 sub busses
-48v phantom power for pro condenser microphones

-Mixer section designed by NeoTek
-Solo on each channel and sub
-2 aux send/returns per channel
-sweepable high and low EQ with peak/shelving option high:600-10kHz

low:60-1.5kHz
-VU and LED metering (tape or sub option)
-4 headphone outs
-4 unbalanced sub outs, 2 balanced sub outs
-Dolby B and C
-Simultaneous record on all 4 tracks
-2 speed deck (3 3/4 ips or 1 3/8 ips) with pitch knob
-super tough metal chassis, not wimpy tascam/fostex plastic

This unit has been in super clean smoke free storage. Originally cost

$1900.00 and is seriously like new. Barely a mark on it and was only
used

on a couple of occassions. Super high quality build. Great for tracking
in

home studio AND taking out to a gig to record multitrack LIVE!

Beautiful console!
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:15:49 PM

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:13:57 -0500, sharknews@aol.com wrote
(in article <1111374837.588978.74440@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

> Hope this is of interest.

Yah, it is of interest. How come the AT site doesn't show this device?

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:44:37 PM

Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:13:57 -0500, sharknews@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Hope this is of interest.

>Yah, it is of interest. How come the AT site doesn't show this device?
>
>Ty Ford

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7309...
>>
>> Audio Technica AT-RMX6, 6 Channel mixer/4 Track recorder. This unit is
>> in Near Mint Condition. The BEST 4 track console EVER made IMO. This unit
>> is SUPER CLEAN! Check the photos.
>>
>> This is a serious portastudio for someone that wants a solid console
>> feel in a compact unit (great forlearning big console techniques).
>>
>> Dimensions: 23.3 wide, 20.4 deep and 5.4 high. This unit weighs 50lbs,
>> so its built very well indeed.
>>
>> More Specs:
>>
>> -6 channel mixer (with faders), 4 track recorder with 6 balanced (XLR)
>> ins and 6 unbalanced (1/4 inch) ins
>> -3 Direct drive motors
>> -4 sub busses
>> -48v phantom power for pro condenser microphones
>>
>> -Mixer section designed by NeoTek
>> -Solo on each channel and sub
>> -2 aux send/returns per channel
>> -sweepable high and low EQ with peak/shelving option high:600-10kHz
>>
>> low:60-1.5kHz
>> -VU and LED metering (tape or sub option)
>> -4 headphone outs
>> -4 unbalanced sub outs, 2 balanced sub outs
>> -Dolby B and C
>> -Simultaneous record on all 4 tracks
>> -2 speed deck (3 3/4 ips or 1 3/8 ips) with pitch knob
>> -super tough metal chassis, not wimpy tascam/fostex plastic
>>
>> This unit has been in super clean smoke free storage. Originally cost
>> $1900.00 and is seriously like new. Barely a mark on it and was only
>> used on a couple of occassions. Super high quality build. Great for tracking
>> in home studio AND taking out to a gig to record multitrack LIVE!
>>
>> Beautiful console!

Ty,

Probably because they don't want to field questions about repairs or
support. It really was a very nice mixer/recorder.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 9:00:28 PM

In article <tdWdnWc-C4lmSKPfRVn-tw@comcast.com> tyreeford@comcast.net writes:

> Yah, it is of interest. How come the AT site doesn't show this device?

Probably because it's been about 15 years since they made it. Do they
have graveyard section on the web site, perhaps for manuals of old
gear? I know someone who used to have one. It's a really nice, solid
unit. Well worth the dollar you can't buy it for.

March 21, 2005 10:06:55 PM

Harvey Gerst <harvey@itrstudio.com> wrote:
> Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote:

>>On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:13:57 -0500, sharknews@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hope this is of interest.

>>Yah, it is of interest. How come the AT site doesn't show this device?
>>
>>Ty Ford

>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7309...
>>>

> Ty,

> Probably because they don't want to field questions about repairs or
> support. It really was a very nice mixer/recorder.

Don't I know it! I still have mine that I bought new in 1985. In fact,
for some time I had acouple of these units. They worked great, and had
all kinds of stuff that most other 4tracks didn't have, like +48.

Unfortunately, there are some things that are prone to breakdown in these
units overtime. Some of the mechanics in the transport start to go.
Plus, the vu meter lights burn out easily, and it looks to be a lot
of work to try to change them.

I still use mine. When switched to 2 track normal speed mode, it is a
very nice cassette deck. And having pitch control is a bonus.
Occasionally I will have a customer who wants me to transfer a cassette
recording of a recital to CD, and being able to correct pitch at the
source before decoding it with dolby is a good thing.

Rob R.
!