Sign in with
Your question

How to play videos in windows 7 ultimate

Last response: in Windows 7
June 24, 2012 1:18:22 PM

videos are not playing in windows 7 ultimate .how can i overcome this problem?
June 24, 2012 1:20:39 PM

Download the proper codecs or a program that can do everything like VLC.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 24, 2012 1:31:50 PM

What ever you do do NOT install any codec packs like klite they are very bad! Download and install mpc hc http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ and you will have a player that can play most anything you have.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 24, 2012 1:36:00 PM

..k-lite is bad? why?
iirc the mpc-hc will still need codecs...
if k-lite isnt an option, then there is cccp. miro is another all-in-one player like vlc.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 24, 2012 2:44:33 PM

Sephypoo73 said:
If you're going to say pretty much the same thing I did, at least don't link him garbage codecs. Klite is filled with spam/garbage for noobies who don't know what to select.

what spam/garbage (by spam/garbage i mean virus, spyware, any kind of malware etc) is klite filled with? i deselect the ones i don't need and keep very tight leash on what is installed on my pc. never had any issues with spam.
as for similarity, i didn't see your post until i hit submit.
if moderator asks, i'll remove the link to klite.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 24, 2012 6:14:10 PM

Hi :) 

VLC ...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 25, 2012 2:56:10 AM

de5_Roy said:
..k-lite is bad? why?
iirc the mpc-hc will still need codecs...
if k-lite isnt an option, then there is cccp. miro is another all-in-one player like vlc.

That would be incorrect mpc hc has all the codecs it needs built in. I have 12tb of video and audio and have not needed any codecs installed
to handle my media. I have seen a lot of system with crashing problems and removing these coded packs have fixed the problem
in a lot of cases. The way I see it if you do.not need do not install it. Really the only thing you might need would be ffdshow if you need to
bit stream HD audio though HDMI.
m
l
!