How can I delete "my phone number"?

Last response: in Network Providers
a b Ô Samsung
March 1, 2005 1:34:33 PM

Group, I just took a Samsung N300 out of service. I deleted all the
numbers in the phone book and call history. How do I delete "my phone
number" in other words the phone's phone number before I sell it?
Thanks.

More about : delete phone number

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
March 1, 2005 5:06:33 PM

<<<There may be another way, but I don't have the user guide in front
of me,
and this is the first thing that came to mind. >>>>>>>.

I have the user guide (owner's manual) and this subject is not covered.
I'll try your trouble dept. suggestion. Thanks.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
March 1, 2005 6:20:59 PM

"rgnmstr" <SAILLOCO@aol.com> wrote in message
> Group, I just took a Samsung N300 out of service. I deleted all the
> numbers in the phone book and call history. How do I delete "my phone
> number" in other words the phone's phone number before I sell it?
> Thanks.

Call *2 from the new phone and say "handset problems". This should take you
to the Trouble department. Tell them just what you wrote here, and ask them
if they will walk you through reprogramming the phone, only instead of
reentering your phone number, enter all 1s or something like that.

There may be another way, but I don't have the user guide in front of me,
and this is the first thing that came to mind.

Leisa
a b Ô Samsung
March 1, 2005 11:44:03 PM

rgnmstr wrote:
> <<<There may be another way, but I don't have the user guide in front
> of me,
> and this is the first thing that came to mind. >>>>>>>.
>
> I have the user guide (owner's manual) and this subject is not covered.
> I'll try your trouble dept. suggestion. Thanks.

You won't find it in the owner's manual, because every phone I know of requires
you to put the phone into programming mode to change the directory number
associated with the phone, and regular users aren't supposed to be able to do that.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
March 2, 2005 12:24:45 PM

Well, I did the reset thing and the phone did a reset but the phone's
phone number did not get erased.
March 2, 2005 1:35:31 PM

rgnmstr wrote:
> Well, I did the reset thing and the phone did a reset but the phone's
> phone number did not get erased.

I don't think I've ever owned (or I should say sold) a phone where the
number was cleared via a reset. All other data was cleared, but not the
phone number. Just call SPCS and have them talk you through it. I don't
think they can refuse you, if only for 911 purposes.

--
Mike
Anonymous

> <<<There may be another way, but I don't have the user guide in front
> of me,
> and this is the first thing that came to mind. >>>>>>>.
>
> I have the user guide (owner's manual) and this subject is not covered.
> I'll try your trouble dept. suggestion. Thanks.

Under most, if not all SPCS phones, there is a Security listing in the menu
or Settings. In that menu, there should be an option to reset the phone,
which should remove the phone book, call history and your telephone number.

You should be able to enter in the Security menu by entering in the last
four numbers of your telephone number.

Bob
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
March 3, 2005 1:02:17 PM

It will be deleted when the new owner activates the phone.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
March 4, 2005 11:10:40 AM

<<< It will be deleted when the new owner activates the phone.>>>>>>>>>

I figured that but if I sell the phone why would I want the unknown
buyer to have the phone number? My daughter still has this phone
number in her new phone.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
March 4, 2005 11:30:57 PM

right, you need the MSL (Master Subsidy Lock) code to clear the phone number
and the only way to obtain the 6 digit MSL code, is through the carrier
(Sprint)
just call *2 and tell the sprint folks.. and let's hope they will give you
the MSL Code...
then just enter the ##6digitnumber
then enter any number in the phone number and MSID

!