Various game announcements

Hi,

When it rains it pours - various new games were announced over the
weekend

1) Crown of Glory : Europe in the age of Napoleon

Area-based strategical + hex-based tactical battle resolution

http://www.west-civ.com/
http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1830

They're looking for beta-testers ... :)

2) HPS next game in the Panzer Campaign series is rumoured to be about
Operation Typhoon which giving the naming conventions of the series
might be called "Moscow '41"

http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1832

3) Harpoon : alive and kicking and getting re-published - twice.

3a) "Harpoon - Commander's Edition" = Harpoon Classic + improved AI
and database elements.
3b) "Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare" = multiplayer Harpoon 3

http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1831

http://www.warfarehq.com/page_left_column.php?content=article_disp&p=303&page=1&cat=1

Ok, officially it's just a rumour, but both WarfareHQ and the Wargamer
claim inside knowledge so ...

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Epi Watkins wrote:

> > 1) Crown of Glory : Europe in the age of Napoleon
>
> This looks like it might be good.

Where do all these Nappy wargames keep coming from ?

Battles of Napoleon, Cossacks 2, Empire in Arms, HistWar : Les
Grognards, Imperial Glory are all announced for this year and then
comes along *another* one.

Better buy them all, because after this deluge it'll probably take
another 5 years for the next one to appear :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

In article <1111410660.566941.64380@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
eddysterckx@hotmail.com says...
> Hi,
>
> When it rains it pours - various new games were announced over the
> weekend
>
> 1) Crown of Glory : Europe in the age of Napoleon

This looks like it might be good. I never heard of it before.

--
Epi

Did the Doobie Brothers smoke pot?

> 1) Crown of Glory : Europe in the age of Napoleon
>
> Area-based strategical + hex-based tactical battle resolution
>
> http://www.west-civ.com/
> http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=1830

Good looking game... But, lot's of typos - they are basing provinces on some
fortress - I assuming that Peterwardein is not what they think it is :)

Mario

> Where do all these Nappy wargames keep coming from ?
>
> Battles of Napoleon, Cossacks 2, Empire in Arms, HistWar : Les
> Grognards, Imperial Glory are all announced for this year and then
> comes along *another* one.
>
> Better buy them all, because after this deluge it'll probably take
> another 5 years for the next one to appear :)

But, best(Nappy game) was Napoleon from KOEI :) - I am waiting for remake of
this game. Maybe KOEI will make it, there is some signs... Also, if they
make remake of Operation Europe it would be cool.

Good, strategic Napoleon game would be welcome, some game that would put you
in the charge... Napoleon had a very good memory so when they lacked guns in
1814. he could tell number of coastal guns in Boulogne, and he told them to
get them from there...

Maybe Emperor of Japan will order KOEI to make this games sooner or later :)
ROTK X is coming out in June on PS2 for fans out there like me :).

Mario

Mike Kreuzer wrote:

> The 200th anniversary and all that. The next rush will come in 2015,
then
> at the 300 mark so don't wait up. :)

The French wargame magazine Vae Victis has for the past 5 years
published a wargame on a Nappy battley on the 200th anniversary of that
battle. Good stuff, and they're pretty much set for the next 10 years
:)

> Got a reply from Neppa Games: ETO is a board game, and they don't
have any
> current plans to come out with a computer version.

Maybe your inquiry started a chain of events leading to a conversion :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

<eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Epi Watkins wrote:
>
>> > 1) Crown of Glory : Europe in the age of Napoleon
>>
>> This looks like it might be good.
>
> Where do all these Nappy wargames keep coming from ?
>
> Battles of Napoleon, Cossacks 2, Empire in Arms, HistWar : Les
> Grognards, Imperial Glory are all announced for this year and then
> comes along *another* one.
>
> Better buy them all, because after this deluge it'll probably take
> another 5 years for the next one to appear :)

The 200th anniversary and all that. The next rush will come in 2015, then
at the 300 mark so don't wait up. :)

Got a reply from Neppa Games: ETO is a board game, and they don't have any
current plans to come out with a computer version. There you go, Shrapnel's
branching out.

Regards, Mike Kreuzer

> Playtesting? They can't even be bothered to *run their release code and
> find a showstopper bug in the scenario-choice screen*!!!!

What bug? I do play Harpoon 3 and Classic regulary, and I have never
encountered a bug in the scenario choice screenes.

In article <f7F0e.20357$kC3.12998@tornado.fastwebnet.it>,
reckall@hotmail.com says...

> > Playtesting? They can't even be bothered to *run their release code and
> > find a showstopper bug in the scenario-choice screen*!!!!
>
> What bug? I do play Harpoon 3 and Classic regulary, and I have never
> encountered a bug in the scenario choice screenes.

If you're using the later versions of H3, you cannot page though
battlesets and scenarios; if you single-click on a name, it treats it as
a double-click and loads it.

[Their "workaround" is to tell players to open the .scn files in Notepad
and scroll down through all the binary garbage until they come to the
plain-text scenario description information.]

--
Giftzwerg
***

Unborn Child? Kill It.
Sick Woman? Kill it.
Convicted Murder on death row? Do every thing you can do to save it!"

- Wizbang Paul