Sign in with
Your question

TwinX1024 PC3200LL or 2x HyperX KHX3200/512

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
April 22, 2003 12:02:49 AM

Is there any real difference in quality, or pre retail testing of these modules. I know corasir has a huge quality control thingy but are they any better than the kingston? And since my new mobo is gona have dual channel, then should I stick to the TwinX??

One mans throw-away is another mans god-box. Help friends in need, I always do!!
Then again, having extra parts are great for making dedicated servers for LAN parties!!!!
April 22, 2003 4:05:44 AM

if you want to do serious overclocking, go with corsair. But both will run agressive timings at rated speeds. It's probably a good idea to go with matched modules since the price is not much more than two individual sticks...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
April 23, 2003 9:41:22 AM

WARNING!!!!! be very careful as to what you stick the memory in as I bought 1024mb TWINX DDR400 3200LL for my Giga-Byte SINXP1394 and it would not post. I suggest you go to your motherboards home page and check out any issues. I had to RMA my memory and get lower spec memory (TWINMOS DDR400 CAS2.5 1024) and im really pissed about it.....really REALLY pissed about it. Still...be lucky!!!
Related resources
April 24, 2003 11:28:47 PM

I Have the Twin1024 PC3200LL Corsair in my A7N8x, with absolutely no problems. In fact, with a little voltage boost, they were stable all the way up to 215Mhz (DDR430) with timings of 2,2,2,5 .I run it at stock settings 95% of the time, though, and have had no problems w/ my Corsair in the last month since I installed it.
The Memory I used before this? -512MB Corsair XMS PC3200!! That stick is still very happy in my old MSI KT4 Ultra at my parents' house. I don't think I'll ever buy another brand.

<A HREF="http://rebturtle.com" target="_new">rebturtle</A>
April 25, 2003 3:34:05 AM

Agreed. I use corsair on my 8INXP granite bay board and it works wonders...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
April 25, 2003 3:58:13 AM

Tesco is right though, boards these days are getting really picky about ram. check to make sure those brands are compatible before buying. i know MSI just released a BIOS update that allows its nforce2 boards to run...corsair i believe it was, though it might have been kingston. you gotta watch out for these things these days!

<A HREF="http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/ayb2.swf" target="_new">411 UR 84$E R 8E10NG 2 U$</A>
!