moving to area with bad coverage

Flash

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001

I'm moving to an area that has 0-2 bars showing . The service isn't the
best. Just a couple months ago I re-did my annual commitment with them.
Has anyone had any experience getting out of Sprint PCS when the service
isn't the best at a new home location?

thanks

"Flash" <spam@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I'm moving to an area that has 0-2 bars showing . The service isn't the
> best. Just a couple months ago I re-did my annual commitment with them.
> Has anyone had any experience getting out of Sprint PCS when the service
> isn't the best at a new home location?
>
> thanks

Depending on which phone model you have, 2 bars may or may not mean anything
.... The key to whether the service is adequate or not is whether you either
can't make or receive calls or if the calls start to drop. If either of that
happens, you can call SPCS and see whether they will offer cancellation via
a port to another carrier with no EFT.

If you find you have intermittent problems in making calls, i.e.: inside
buildings, but no problems outside, you might considering the $5 F&CA option
to your account.

Check and see whether you have the most current firmware for your phone, and
the most recent PRL ... either 10025 or 10026. You can compare your firmware
version to what's listed on
http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9 .

Last, but not least, reply to this post and mention what area you are
talking about, with a major intersection you be moving too. Someone else in
this newsgroup might be familiar with your new area and can pipe in with
their experiences. Also, include in your post which phone model you are
using.

Bob

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 02:59:24 GMT, "Flash" <spam@verizon.net> wrote:

>I'm moving to an area that has 0-2 bars showing . The service isn't the
>best. Just a couple months ago I re-did my annual commitment with them.
>Has anyone had any experience getting out of Sprint PCS when the service
>isn't the best at a new home location?

My sister lives in an area where there is 1-2 bars. When I visit her,
I have no trouble making/receiving calls, or using Vision (or WW
previously). Give it a try for awhile before you switch.

Joe Huber
huber.joseph@comcast.net