t608 & sprint store exp.

I bought a Sony t608 on eBay last week. It was brand new (I was the
first person to activate it), and it lasted exactly one day before it
broke. Just crashes every few seconds.

I wrote to the eBay seller and he told me to take it to a sprint store
and they'd exchange it for me. I'm always leery, so I thought there was
no way they'd exchange a phone bought on eBay, but I gave it shot anyway.

They tested the phone, then told me "the tech said it's unfixable, and
it's not in warranty, so you'll have to try to get your money back from
the person you bought it from"

I was ready to accept that, but then I asked when the warranty period
starts -- "the day it's first activated", she said, so I told her it
still has 51 weeks of warranty left.

She double checked my info and sure enough, it's still warranted! They
ordered me another t608 -- but how? Isn't Sprint out of the t608 now? I
tried to order one from them originally, but they were all gone. I'm
wondering if they'll just exchange it for the pm325 if the t608 is
unavailable. I hope so.

/tommy

PS--The last time I was in that Sprint store they had a false wall up.
Any problems/returns/etc.. they'd point at that wall, and tell you to go
wait in the line from hell behind the wall. I waited almost 2 hours
once. I was pleasantly surprised to find the wall is gone now! You sign
in when you enter and a rep is calling your name within a few minutes. I
actually LIKED my experience in there today -- never thought I'd say
that about a wireless store.

"tommy" <skyway@gmail.com> wrote in message news:skyway-978781.20582602032005@newssvr21-ext.news.prodigy.com...
> She double checked my info and sure enough, it's still warranted! They
> ordered me another t608 -- but how? Isn't Sprint out of the t608 now? I
> tried to order one from them originally, but they were all gone. I'm
> wondering if they'll just exchange it for the pm325 if the t608 is
> unavailable. I hope so.

They'll probably give you a refurbished T608.

--
John Richards

In article <rtGVd.5540$DW.5473@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>,
"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote:

> They'll probably give you a refurbished T608.

fine with me -- as long as it works.

OBEX is more important than a camera, I think.

/tommy