checking your voicemail from a land line

boe

I forgot how to check my voicemail from a land line I thought it was dial
your number but then add something at the end but I forgot.

Thanks

Phillip

Phone number Then Dial * (password) #
"boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I forgot how to check my voicemail from a land line I thought it was dial
>your number but then add something at the end but I forgot.
>
> Thanks

If you have an original Sprint phone number (a number that has not been
ported from another cellular carrier) you can use the following phone
number:

AAA-PPP-MAIL where AAA is your cell phone area code, PPP is the first three
digits of your cell phone prefix, and MAIL is the numbers 6245. It will then
prompt for your 10 digit mobile number and passcode.

-mij

"Phillip" <phillipdevoll@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Phone number Then Dial * (password) #
> "boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I forgot how to check my voicemail from a land line I thought it was dial
>>your number but then add something at the end but I forgot.
>>
>> Thanks

boe

Thank you both!

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> If you have an original Sprint phone number (a number that has not been
> ported from another cellular carrier) you can use the following phone
> number:
>
> AAA-PPP-MAIL where AAA is your cell phone area code, PPP is the first
> three digits of your cell phone prefix, and MAIL is the numbers 6245. It
> will then prompt for your 10 digit mobile number and passcode.
>
> -mij
>

> "Phillip" <phillipdevoll@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Phone number Then Dial * (password) #
>> "boe" <boe_d@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I forgot how to check my voicemail from a land line I thought it was dial
>>>your number but then add something at the end but I forgot.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Or you can just phone yourself and when you get voicemail, hit
"*"

Mij Adyaw wrote:
> If you have an original Sprint phone number (a number that has not been
> ported from another cellular carrier) you can use the following phone
> number:
>
> AAA-PPP-MAIL

This method does not work for all Sprint PCS switches.
--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

In my case it's dial my number then * (star) password

"Isaiah Beard" <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
> Mij Adyaw wrote:
> > If you have an original Sprint phone number (a number that has not been
> > ported from another cellular carrier) you can use the following phone
> > number:
> >
> > AAA-PPP-MAIL
>
> This method does not work for all Sprint PCS switches.
> --
But on the other hand.....
I have been in other cities and have used Sprint (AAA-PPP) combos local to
that city to check my voice mail, when my battery was dead, or when I was
visiting in a hospital (no cell phones!).... The local AAA-PPP-MAIL(6245)
worked like a charm for me.... I guess each one is different ...

Joe Gill wrote:

>>>AAA-PPP-MAIL
>>
>>This method does not work for all Sprint PCS switches.
>>--
>
> But on the other hand.....
> I have been in other cities and have used Sprint (AAA-PPP) combos local to
> that city to check my voice mail, when my battery was dead, or when I was
> visiting in a hospital (no cell phones!).... The local AAA-PPP-MAIL(6245)
> worked like a charm for me.... I guess each one is different ...

Actually, if you can find an exchange that does it, then you can access
any PCS phone number's voicemail from that switch (assuming of course,
you have the password). But again, not every swich is configured to
have 6245 be the voicemail backdoor.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

None of these work for me. At one time the AAA-PPP-MAIL(6245) did work
but not anymore. I have an original Sprint number and I'm in the
Austin, TX area. My number is 659-xxxx, anyone else have any ideas on
how to access voice mail from a land line.

Thanks,
Sherry

SZeiss@gmail.com wrote:
> None of these work for me. At one time the AAA-PPP-MAIL(6245) did work
> but not anymore. I have an original Sprint number and I'm in the
> Austin, TX area. My number is 659-xxxx, anyone else have any ideas on
> how to access voice mail from a land line.

If the * and enter your password method doesn't work for you, then you
need to call up Sprint CS and have them fix it. At the very least,
voicemail should work in that manner.

--

<SZeiss@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1110220641.616230.313910@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> None of these work for me. At one time the AAA-PPP-MAIL(6245) did work
> but not anymore. I have an original Sprint number and I'm in the
> Austin, TX area. My number is 659-xxxx, anyone else have any ideas on
> how to access voice mail from a land line.
>
> Thanks,
> Sherry

Who answers when you dial 659-6245?
I'll bet they get a lot of 'wrong numbers'.