Win7 continually freezes

reparadocs

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
This is the 3rd time this has happened. I made this computer about 9 months ago, and it worked fine. However, 3 months ago, I put it in storage, but when I got it back a month ago it now freezes. First, I tried reinstalling windows and formatting the hard drive. That works for about 3 days till windows installs its huge update. Then it starts freezing again. So then I do a system restore to a day before those updates happened, when the computer was fine and I turn off updates. It now becomes very slow for five minutes and then freezes. Now it won't even take me to the login screen. I am almost a 100% sure it isn't a virus since I always have malwarebytes Microsoft security essentials and avast on, and I really haven't gone to any shady sites in the last 3 days. I am running windows 7 64 bit

It has an Asus m4a87td motherboard, 8 gb of ram, a 9800 GT, and an AMD 4 core CPU

:sol: That is funny. If the problem started occurring after you installed a piece of equipment in the computer, try removing the equipment and seeing if the problem goes away.