Wiring a PS2 into a Computer

matrix20109

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
I was wondering if there is a way to wire a PS2 into your computer, such as through a TV Tuner or straight into a video card. I have a Visiontek Geforce4 TI4200 w/128RAM and it has a 15-pin video, DVI video, and S-video inputs on the card. I also have an ATI TV-Wonder USB. If anyone knows of a way that I can use these to wire my PS2 into my computer, because I don't have a TV, let me know. Or, if I can't, what would I need to do so? Thank you for your help.

GhostKat

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
The TV Wonder has for
Cable TV In
S-Video In
Audio in

If you have the standard RCA cable, use the RCA to S-video converter to connect the video, and then you'll have to get an RCA converter to the mini plug for the audio. If you have the S-Video cable, just plug it up. The only other thing you could do is to get the RF adpater for the PS2(if they make one) and connect it to the cable in

Yes, I made it past newbie w00t.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ghostkat on 04/22/03 06:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Use a RCA to S-Video convertor and plug the PS2 Video output into it to connect to your Visiontek. USB tuner doesn't produce good quality image if compare to PCI devices IMHO. And if you connect to your VIVO graphic card, you can capture the FMV with higher quality. Anyway, don't expect you'll have great quality image if you use PC monitor instead of TV to play PS2. You can't expect a Ferrari can run well if you equip a Honda engine into it.

You never know how stupid you are until you have done something stupid enough for you to realize it.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>