  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 9:06:58 PM

I have a treo 650 and was wondering if I should sign up for this Sprint PCS
Total Equipment Protection plan.
Are people using these for smartphones that have suggestions and or
experiences you can share.

TIA.

More about : sprint pcs total equipment protection

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 9:06:59 PM

RA wrote:
> I have a treo 650 and was wondering if I should sign up for this Sprint PCS
> Total Equipment Protection plan.

I would highly recommend it. On a device as expensive as the Treo 650,
$5 a month is quick, cheap protection in case it breaks.

> Are people using these for smartphones that have suggestions and or
> experiences you can share.

I claimed on a lost phone about 3 years ago, and the process was very
quick and mostly painless. I had a replacement in my hands the next
day, which is nice when you're out of the house a lot and the cell phone
is the primary means of communication. :)

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
March 9, 2005 9:08:53 AM

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:06:58 +0000, RA wrote:

> I have a treo 650 and was wondering if I should sign up for this Sprint PCS
> Total Equipment Protection plan.
> Are people using these for smartphones that have suggestions and or
> experiences you can share.
>
> TIA.

For a treo 650 you should sign up for it. I have a sanyo4900 and before
they raised the rates the deductible was not a problem. When I went to
claim a replacement they wanted $50 dollars for a replacement on my 2yr+
sanyo4900. In my case it was not in my benefit which was why I canceled
the option since they raised it from $2-3usd to $5. If you signed up and
had your treo650 for 2yrs that would be only $120 for the option and $50
more for the deductible. Grand total of $170 to cover your phone if it
breaks/fails/or gets stolen in the next 2yrs with little to no questions
asked. Considering the cost of the treo650 that is not bad and if
something happens a year later it would be around $110. Also keep in mind
sprintpcs includes a 1yr warrenty on all equipment they sell.