Sprint PCS Total Equipment Protection

I have a treo 650 and was wondering if I should sign up for this Sprint PCS
Total Equipment Protection plan.
Are people using these for smartphones that have suggestions and or
experiences you can share.

TIA.
2 answers Last reply
More about sprint total equipment protection

    RA wrote:
    > I have a treo 650 and was wondering if I should sign up for this Sprint PCS
    > Total Equipment Protection plan.

    I would highly recommend it. On a device as expensive as the Treo 650,
    $5 a month is quick, cheap protection in case it breaks.

    > Are people using these for smartphones that have suggestions and or
    > experiences you can share.

    I claimed on a lost phone about 3 years ago, and the process was very
    quick and mostly painless. I had a replacement in my hands the next
    day, which is nice when you're out of the house a lot and the cell phone
    is the primary means of communication. :)

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:06:58 +0000, RA wrote:

    > I have a treo 650 and was wondering if I should sign up for this Sprint PCS
    > Total Equipment Protection plan.
    > Are people using these for smartphones that have suggestions and or
    > experiences you can share.
    >
    > TIA.

    For a treo 650 you should sign up for it. I have a sanyo4900 and before
    they raised the rates the deductible was not a problem. When I went to
    claim a replacement they wanted $50 dollars for a replacement on my 2yr+
    sanyo4900. In my case it was not in my benefit which was why I canceled
    the option since they raised it from $2-3usd to $5. If you signed up and
    had your treo650 for 2yrs that would be only $120 for the option and $50
    more for the deductible. Grand total of $170 to cover your phone if it
    breaks/fails/or gets stolen in the next 2yrs with little to no questions
    asked. Considering the cost of the treo650 that is not bad and if
    something happens a year later it would be around $110. Also keep in mind
    sprintpcs includes a 1yr warrenty on all equipment they sell.

Sprint PCS Smartphones Treo Internet Service Providers