Sprint PCS Total Equipment Protection

Last response: in Network Providers
March 8, 2005 9:06:58 PM

I have a treo 650 and was wondering if I should sign up for this Sprint PCS
Total Equipment Protection plan.
Are people using these for smartphones that have suggestions and or
experiences you can share.

TIA.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 9:06:59 PM

RA wrote:
> I have a treo 650 and was wondering if I should sign up for this Sprint PCS
> Total Equipment Protection plan.

I would highly recommend it. On a device as expensive as the Treo 650,
$5 a month is quick, cheap protection in case it breaks.

> Are people using these for smartphones that have suggestions and or
> experiences you can share.

I claimed on a lost phone about 3 years ago, and the process was very
quick and mostly painless. I had a replacement in my hands the next
day, which is nice when you're out of the house a lot and the cell phone
is the primary means of communication. :)

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
March 9, 2005 9:08:53 AM

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:06:58 +0000, RA wrote:

> I have a treo 650 and was wondering if I should sign up for this Sprint PCS
> Total Equipment Protection plan.
> Are people using these for smartphones that have suggestions and or
> experiences you can share.
>
> TIA.

For a treo 650 you should sign up for it. I have a sanyo4900 and before
they raised the rates the deductible was not a problem. When I went to
claim a replacement they wanted $50 dollars for a replacement on my 2yr+
sanyo4900. In my case it was not in my benefit which was why I canceled
the option since they raised it from $2-3usd to $5. If you signed up and
had your treo650 for 2yrs that would be only $120 for the option and $50
more for the deductible. Grand total of $170 to cover your phone if it
breaks/fails/or gets stolen in the next 2yrs with little to no questions
asked. Considering the cost of the treo650 that is not bad and if
something happens a year later it would be around $110. Also keep in mind
sprintpcs includes a 1yr warrenty on all equipment they sell.
!