Transparencies on Epson 1670 scanner under Win7?

kathpak

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I'm trying to scan transparencies for the first time after connecting my Epson 1670 scanner to a Win7 PC. It takes a good preview scan of the whole assembly but not the individual slides as on my old PC (so the cables connecting to the PC and the scanner head still work OK).

I checked the Help, and the document cover's cable seems to be connected OK too (I never had an Auto Film Loader), but the options for transparencies don't appear in the menu.

Before I start testing with an XP laptop, which will need the driver installed, or fiddling with alcohol on the connections, does the Win7 driver for the Epson 1670 in fact support transparencies?

kathpak

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
That's what I thought I was doing! The dialogue came up after looking at their FAQ list, and I only realised after I had typed it all out - must have been an ad, I suppose. But someone here might know.

the odds of someone here having the same exact model of printer as you is a lot less than if you ask epson support directly who have people trained in precisely the equipment you are asking about :) who knows you might get lucky.

kathpak

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks for your replies! I don't know why this forum puts misleading ads on Epson support pages if everyone here points me back to Epson support, which is where I was trying to ask the question in the first place.

In fact, the problem disappeared when I next rebooted, so pushing those cables in and out may have done the trick.