Matrixgames to publish Lock'n Load WWII

Hi,

Matrixgames are for the very first time entering the boardgame world
and will publish the new WWII version/module of the award winning squad
level boardgame.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/news.asp?nid=208

This must come as a bit of a blow for Shrapnel who seemed just as eager
to expand their portfolio and were hinting at major announcements in
the weeks/months to come.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
3 answers Last reply
More about matrixgames publish lock load wwii
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    <eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Matrixgames are for the very first time entering the boardgame world
    > and will publish the new WWII version/module of the award winning squad
    > level boardgame.
    >
    > http://www.matrixgames.com/news/news.asp?nid=208
    >
    > This must come as a bit of a blow for Shrapnel who seemed just as eager
    > to expand their portfolio and were hinting at major announcements in
    > the weeks/months to come.
    >
    > Greetz,
    >
    > Eddy Sterckx

    Now that explains a lot.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    >This must come as a bit of a blow for Shrapnel who >seemed just as eager
    to expand their portfolio and >were hinting at major announcements in
    >the weeks/months to come.

    Hi Eddy.

    We turned down the Lock 'N Load series last June. So no, not a shock at
    all. We still have many exciting announcements around the corner. Good
    luck to Matrix on this.

    Tim Brooks
    President
    Shrapnel Games, Inc.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    "eddysterckx@hotmail.com" <eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > This must come as a bit of a blow for Shrapnel who seemed just as eager
    > to expand their portfolio and were hinting at major announcements in
    > the weeks/months to come.

    I think Shrapnel had first shot at that one. Maybe they passed because they
    already have a few boardgames coming out.

    And Ive been seeing alot of announcements from Shrapnel lately than Matrix.

    But hey, thats a good game for Matrix to carry. Seems like all of the non-
    retail-store model publishers are adding boardgames to their catalogs.
    Interesting trend.

    Gandalf Parker
    -- needed: mach warrior artist

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games