Shrapnel blog - quotes from the "suits" :)

Hi,

Some hilarious stuff right here :

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/blog/2005/04/15/a-blast-from-the-past-part-1/

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

> Some hilarious stuff right here :

Outstanding link! Thanks.

He should follow it up with a listing of "user" anecdotes.

Mine would be ...

A. When TacOps was in early development playtesters found my actual weapon
sounds to be boring and unrealistic. I then altered most of the sounds to
better match what is heard in TV and movies and haven't had any complaints
since.

B. Customer support incident.

Customer: TacOps crashes now when I run version x.x.x PBEM files.

Several days of fruitless email exchanges and hours of bug checking pass.

Major H: Send me a copy of your TacOps game engine.

Customer: OK ... on the way.

Major H: Your game engine has the newest version number but it is an old
game engine - the patch installer must have failed somehow.

Customer: What is a patch installer? Somebody told me to just use ResEdit
to change the version number resource. Is that a problem?

Best regards, Major H.
tacops@mac.com
http://www.battlefront.com/

> Some hilarious stuff right here :

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/blog/2005/04/15/a-blast-from-the-past-part-1/

Fantastic. This evening I went to a meeting of comic book writers and
artists, and a taped record of what was said about comic book publishers
would basically have been this link with just two or three words of
difference ^__^