  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Share
March 11, 2005 4:19:32 AM

Hi, I'm new to this newsgroup. I've been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer
for five or so years and have been satisfied by their coverage here in
Manhattan. I'd normally not think of switching to Sprint, but Verizon
doesn't offer the Treo 650 yet. I would like to know from fellow New
Yorkers if Sprint service with Verizon roaming is seamless to the degree
that it makes Sprint as good as Verizon in Manhattan. We've supposedly got
the worst cell coverage in the U.S. and a small difference in coverage could
add up to a lot of frustration.

Thanks,
Dave

More about : sprint verizon roaming manhattan

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 10:31:15 PM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:19:32 GMT, "David" <lifelongkid@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hi, I'm new to this newsgroup. I've been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer
>for five or so years and have been satisfied by their coverage here in
>Manhattan. I'd normally not think of switching to Sprint, but Verizon
>doesn't offer the Treo 650 yet. I would like to know from fellow New
>Yorkers if Sprint service with Verizon roaming is seamless to the degree
>that it makes Sprint as good as Verizon in Manhattan. We've supposedly got
>the worst cell coverage in the U.S. and a small difference in coverage could
>add up to a lot of frustration.

I am switching to Sprint. Verizon Wirelss is pathetic. They insist on
charging you $45 per month for the same data plan that is either $10
or $15 with Sprint. Their salespeople don't know the difference
between their old and new network and that any Treo or new phone from
Verizon requires a $45 unlimited plan (if you get the others, e.g. the
laughable $25 for 5MB plan you'll end up with a ridiculous bill.) All
I hear is "but you don't get the highest quality network that Verizon
Wireless has... blah blah blah." I've heard that marketing nonsense
for the last 2 years. There was a bigger gap 2 years ago but not so
much now and I used both phone services for a year.

If Verizon wouldn't insist on charging over 300% on its data plans
above the market, I'd stay. Well, thankfully I only signed a one year
plan and perhaps the VZW sales team can learn a lesson in customer
loyalty when people start leaving in droves.

I was a Verizon Wireless customer for 6 years. I'm on my way to the
Sprint store now.
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 10:31:16 PM

You will like sprint much better. Their service is as good as Verizon and so
is the selection of phones.

!