Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P55T2P4 CMOS Battery

Last response: in Components
April 23, 2003 4:38:52 PM

My CMOS battery is dying on my aged ASUS P55T2P4 Rev 3 motherboard. (Upgraded and overclocked with an AMD K6-III as per Toms article some years ago.)
How difficult is it to remove the old battery and insert the new one? i.e. is it a simple soldering job or something else?
Will my Norton Utilities Rescue Disk re-install the BIOS settings after I install the new battery? If not, what's the procedure?
April 24, 2003 3:46:32 AM

Depending on the design of your mobo, the battery can be removed easily by moving a small prong, or it can be hard to remove as some soldering job is needed like you said. Just open your case and take a look at the battery to see which one is the case.

<A HREF="http://www.mycableshop.com/techarticles/CMOSBattery.htm" target="_new">This link</A> has more info which I hope you find it helpful.
April 24, 2003 3:55:36 AM

The CMOS Battery should be held in the carriage with a clip you pull back to release it.
Norton resetting the CMOS settings? No it will not.
The best thing for you to do is to go into the CMOS setup, and write down the settings, then when you put in the new battery, go back in the CMOS setup and reset the settings to match what you wrote down. You can enter the CMOS setup by following the instructions when the computer first starts to boot it will flash on the screen, To Enter Setup Press,(whatever it tells you), Usually holding down the Delete Key, will get you in, but some older M/Bs entered by other methods, but it will tell you in the first boot screen.

Make sure to unplug the computer from the Power Source.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>
!