T3 Battery life

June 28, 2004 1:21:54 PM

I have a new T3 and I find that the battery runs down very fast when for
example I am looking at photos. I have the Bluetooth off so this is not the
problem - Has anyone else found this with the T3? - I guess that it might be
because the display is bright and the processor is very fast but would
appreciate anyone else's view.

Regards,

James.

James Goldman
07977 169030

More about : battery life

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 1:57:31 PM

On 2004-06-28, James Goldman <JRG@JamesGoldman.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a new T3 and I find that the battery runs down very fast when for
> example I am looking at photos. I have the Bluetooth off so this is not the
> problem - Has anyone else found this with the T3? - I guess that it might be
> because the display is bright and the processor is very fast but would
> appreciate anyone else's view.

Nobody can answer your question until you define what you mean by
"battery runs down very fast". To zero in an hour - never seen that.
To 87% in an hour of constant use - yeah, that happens.
--
Carl Fink carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading

In article <40dfd523$0$11558$afc38c87@news.easynet.co.uk>, James
Goldman <JRG@JamesGoldman.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a new T3 and I find that the battery runs down very fast when for
> example I am looking at photos. I have the Bluetooth off so this is not the
> problem - Has anyone else found this with the T3? - I guess that it might be
> because the display is bright and the processor is very fast but would
> appreciate anyone else's view.

It's well know that the battery life is a significant deficiency when
moving from T2 to T3. You can read the review articles at
palminfocenter.com. And that's the key reason why I picked up a
discounted T2 rather than that sexy T3.

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 4:17:21 PM

James Goldman wrote:
> I have a new T3 and I find that the battery runs down very fast when for
> example I am looking at photos. I have the Bluetooth off so this is not the
> problem - Has anyone else found this with the T3? - I guess that it might be
> because the display is bright and the processor is very fast but would
> appreciate anyone else's view.
>
> Regards,
>
> James.

My T3 has a typical battery life of 3.5 hours. If this is roughly what
you mean by "very fast", I would agree with you.
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 5:34:52 AM

On the other hand, just 5 or 10 minutes in the cradle will bring that
battery meter way back up again...

"Whytoi" <whytoi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <40dfd523$0$11558$afc38c87@news.easynet.co.uk>, James
> Goldman <JRG@JamesGoldman.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I have a new T3 and I find that the battery runs down very fast when for
> > example I am looking at photos. I have the Bluetooth off so this is not
the
> > problem - Has anyone else found this with the T3? - I guess that it
might be
> > because the display is bright and the processor is very fast but would
> > appreciate anyone else's view.
>
> It's well know that the battery life is a significant deficiency when
> moving from T2 to T3. You can read the review articles at
> palminfocenter.com. And that's the key reason why I picked up a
> discounted T2 rather than that sexy T3.

June 29, 2004 7:53:39 AM

Are you sure that's solid charge? Or one that'll see the meter fall off
a cliff after 10 mins of use?

In article <0H3Ec.33570$OT6.15083235@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, Carmine
Castiglia <ccastiglia@infosystemspro.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, just 5 or 10 minutes in the cradle will bring that
> battery meter way back up again...
>

> "Whytoi" <whytoi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In article <40dfd523$0$11558$afc38c87@news.easynet.co.uk>, James
> > Goldman <JRG@JamesGoldman.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > I have a new T3 and I find that the battery runs down very fast when for
> > > example I am looking at photos. I have the Bluetooth off so this is not
> the
> > > problem - Has anyone else found this with the T3? - I guess that it
> might be
> > > because the display is bright and the processor is very fast but would
> > > appreciate anyone else's view.
> >
> > It's well know that the battery life is a significant deficiency when
> > moving from T2 to T3. You can read the review articles at
> > palminfocenter.com. And that's the key reason why I picked up a
> > discounted T2 rather than that sexy T3.
> >
> > --

June 29, 2004 10:24:41 AM

Well, according to the T3's manual (page 3), "Once your handheld is setup
and in daily use it requires 15 to 30 minutes of charge time per day,
depending on usage." And also (page 350), "Under normal conditions, your
handheld battery should remain charged when you place it in the cradle/cable
for just a few minutes each day."

> Are you sure that's solid charge? Or one that'll see the meter fall off
> a cliff after 10 mins of use?
>
> In article <0H3Ec.33570$OT6.15083235@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, Carmine
> Castiglia <ccastiglia@infosystemspro.com> wrote:
>
> > On the other hand, just 5 or 10 minutes in the cradle will bring that
> > battery meter way back up again...
> >

> > "Whytoi" <whytoi@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > the
> > might be
> > >
> > > It's well know that the battery life is a significant deficiency when
> > > moving from T2 to T3. You can read the review articles at
> > > palminfocenter.com. And that's the key reason why I picked up a
> > > discounted T2 rather than that sexy T3.
> > >
> > > --

June 29, 2004 5:36:04 PM

I suggest that you do some real life testing. I don't have a lot of
faith in those guidelines. ;)

In article <JW7Ec.34416$OT6.15925423@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, Carmine
Castiglia <ccastiglia@infosystemspro.com> wrote:

> Well, according to the T3's manual (page 3), "Once your handheld is setup
> and in daily use it requires 15 to 30 minutes of charge time per day,
> depending on usage." And also (page 350), "Under normal conditions, your
> handheld battery should remain charged when you place it in the cradle/cable
> for just a few minutes each day."

June 29, 2004 8:02:37 PM

The Bluetooth Hotsync seems to cause it to run down the fastest
> I suggest that you do some real life testing. I don't have a lot of
> faith in those guidelines. ;)
>
> In article <JW7Ec.34416$OT6.15925423@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, Carmine
> Castiglia <ccastiglia@infosystemspro.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, according to the T3's manual (page 3), "Once your handheld is
setup
> > and in daily use it requires 15 to 30 minutes of charge time per day,
> > depending on usage." And also (page 350), "Under normal conditions,
your
> > handheld battery should remain charged when you place it in the
cradle/cable
> > for just a few minutes each day."

June 30, 2004 1:30:12 AM

Actually, I *do* do real life testing in the sense that my current Palm
device is a T3 (having been through an original "Palm Pilot", a TRGPro, and
other devices in between).

I can tell you in all honesty that it seldom spends more than 15 or 20
minutes a day in the cradle. I am so forgetful that if I don't remove it
from the cradle soon after hotsyncing and put it back in my pocket, I will
almost certainly leave home (or my office) without it.

Carmine Castiglia
http://www.infosystemspro.com
Home of Geo-Matic for the Palm and Decimal Equivalents, Drills & Tap Drills
for the Palm
More to come!

"Whytoi" <whytoi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I suggest that you do some real life testing. I don't have a lot of
> faith in those guidelines. ;)
>
> In article <JW7Ec.34416$OT6.15925423@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, Carmine
> Castiglia <ccastiglia@infosystemspro.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, according to the T3's manual (page 3), "Once your handheld is
setup
> > and in daily use it requires 15 to 30 minutes of charge time per day,
> > depending on usage." And also (page 350), "Under normal conditions,
your
> > handheld battery should remain charged when you place it in the
cradle/cable
> > for just a few minutes each day."
>
> --
August 20, 2005 7:22:09 PM

Well, then one can always just consider purchasing a T5! I love mine! It
doesn't have the battery issues of the T3--which I also own--and it's
internal M-Systems (www.m-systems.com) Disk-on-chip 256MB solid state hard
disk make saving programs a breeze!

Warm regards,
S.A. Brown
--geocacherATintergateDOT for email, otherwise post here--
!