Sign in with
Your question

Fast downloads, Slow Youtube

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 25, 2013 2:13:06 PM

So here it is,

Whenever I download something from the internet(torrent,steam,general downloads,etc).
I get a speed of about 500 KB/s (and not Kb/s) of download speeds.But when I watch a video on Youtube on 360p it keeps on buffering after 10 seconds.
I am using a wifi connection.

So plz help me with this problem.

Thanks.

More about : fast downloads slow youtube

April 17, 2013 9:01:43 AM

What do you mean with kb not kb? Anyway Ive got up to 5Mb/s download speed and I sometimes get buffers.
Do you got circles circling in the middle or do you got just random stops.
If you got random stops than its not connection thats slow but its computers fault.
m
l
April 18, 2013 2:22:31 AM

I asked this question in another forum and half of the time they were confirming that whether its Kilobits or KiloBytes so its kilobyes/s and not kilobits/sec.

Yes, my video stops randomly and sometimes a loading circle shows up.
But I don't know why its my computer's fault?
m
l
Related resources
April 18, 2013 7:59:09 AM

Uuyucool2012 said:
I asked this question in another forum and half of the time they were confirming that whether its Kilobits or KiloBytes so its kilobyes/s and not kilobits/sec.

1 megabit = 0.125 megabytes. So your connection may not be really good. I (with about 5Mbits) get buffers with resolutins higher than 720p most of the time. May made some confusions in last post.

It would be your computers fault if video would stop without circles circling.
m
l
April 18, 2013 7:59:42 AM

Uuyucool2012 said:

1 megabit = 0.125 megabytes. So your connection may not be really good. I (with about 5Mbits) get buffers with resolutins higher than 720p most of the time. May made some confusions in last post.

It would be your computers fault if video would stop without circles circling.
m
l
!