Fall of Rome

Hi,

Came across this at the Wargamer forum

http://www.fallofromegame.com/

"A TRUE strategy game (turn based, NOT RTS) with twelve adult players
per game matching wits, not reflex twitch rates."

a game putting in all caps "NOT RTS" can't be all that bad :)

anyway, not exactly a true-blue historical wargame, but a nice example
of an online-only game without an AI - a game concept I'd like to see
implemented in a true wargame.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

On 24 Apr 2005 16:24:32 GMT, Eddy Sterckx <eddysterckx@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>My point actually is that it takes some guts for a developer to label
>his game "NOT RTS" even if it isn't. It's going against the current
>marketing trend of putting "RTS" on everything. Just like "light" is put
>on everything up to the ridiculous point of "light" shampoo (no
>kidding).

regarding the "current marketing trend" concerning RTS take a look at
this rejection letter from Microprose to Walter Bright, the author of
"Empire Wargame of the Century"
http://www.classicempire.com/microprose.jpg

Art Weingardner wrote:

> regarding the "current marketing trend" concerning RTS take a look at
> this rejection letter from Microprose to Walter Bright, the author of
> "Empire Wargame of the Century"
> http://www.classicempire.com/microprose.jpg

Dated 1985 - Good one :)

Well some trends are energizer bunny stuff, they just keep going and
going ...

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx