Creative Labs owes you $62

Last response: in Home Audio
March 23, 2005 12:38:16 PM

Apparently, their Audigy and Extigy soundcards don't actually do 24-bit,
96kHz audio in most circumstances....

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22019

Cheers,
Trevor de Clercq

More about : creative labs owes

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 3:26:28 PM

In article <1111588697.d4aa7ffd5c0a0d18ff83b80aaff187cc@teranews> declerct@REMOVETHISnewschool.edu writes:

> Apparently, their Audigy and Extigy soundcards don't actually do 24-bit,
> 96kHz audio in most circumstances....

That's $7.75 per bit. Not a bad deal. Can I pay them $124 and get an
Audigy card modified for 32-bit recording?

March 23, 2005 9:41:34 PM

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:38:16 -0500, Trevor de Clercq wrote:

> Apparently, their Audigy and Extigy soundcards don't actually do 24-bit,
> 96kHz audio in most circumstances....
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22019
>
> Cheers,
> Trevor de Clercq

Wow, I'm glad I bought a Creative Labs Audio PCI 128-bit PCI Sound Card.
It sounds so much better than those old fashioned 24 bit ones, and only
cost $10.

Out of interest, I wonder what circumstances it does do 24bit 96k?
Perhaps with the two channel ASIO drivers?
I wish they put a big warning label on the old Soundblaster Lives too,
saying 'This card will only work properly at 48k'. It would have saved
many people a lot of wasted time.
March 24, 2005 3:22:03 AM

"Trevor de Clercq" <declerct@REMOVETHISnewschool.edu> wrote in message
> Apparently, their Audigy and Extigy soundcards don't actually do 24-bit,
> 96kHz audio in most circumstances....
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22019

With the "we'll give you 25% off of next purchase" instead of a refund it
seems that Creative is actually being rewarded for their bad behavior.
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 3:22:04 AM

Ricky Hunt wrote:
> "Trevor de Clercq" <declerct@REMOVETHISnewschool.edu> wrote in message
>
>>Apparently, their Audigy and Extigy soundcards don't actually do 24-bit,
>>96kHz audio in most circumstances....
>>
>>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22019
>

> With the "we'll give you 25% off of next purchase" instead of a refund it
> seems that Creative is actually being rewarded for their bad behavior.

Which makes class actions useless, they're all like that anymore. I
never respond to those anymore, although opting out of the class is
probably more sensible.
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 6:55:43 AM

If you really read it, it's more like an ad than a news item. "Hurry, the
great offer ends September 25, 2005."

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Trevor de Clercq" <declerct@REMOVETHISnewschool.edu> wrote in message
> Apparently, their Audigy and Extigy soundcards don't actually do 24-bit,
> 96kHz audio in most circumstances....
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22019
>
> Cheers,
> Trevor de Clercq
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 3:09:00 PM

Ricky Hunt wrote:
> "Trevor de Clercq" <declerct@REMOVETHISnewschool.edu> wrote in message
>
>>Apparently, their Audigy and Extigy soundcards don't actually do 24-bit,
>>96kHz audio in most circumstances....
>>
>>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22019
>

> With the "we'll give you 25% off of next purchase" instead of a refund it
> seems that Creative is actually being rewarded for their bad behavior.

Ugh, I feel more ripped off than ever now. I hate my Audigy Platinum so
much, that a swore never to buy another Creative product as long as I
live. WTF am I gonna do with %25 off?

<A HREF="http://www.dj-ulrich.com/">Ulrich</A>
DoD#732
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 3:52:05 PM

"Ricky Hunt" <rhunt22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Trevor de Clercq" <declerct@REMOVETHISnewschool.edu> wrote in message
>> Apparently, their Audigy and Extigy soundcards don't actually do 24-bit,
>> 96kHz audio in most circumstances....
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22019
>
> With the "we'll give you 25% off of next purchase" instead of a refund it
> seems that Creative is actually being rewarded for their bad behavior.

Yeah - out of the frying pan and into the fire.

geoff
!