Sprint And Verizon Questions For Sharon, Mass. & Metro Bos..

Last response: in Network Providers
March 14, 2005 10:53:21 AM

Hello:

Some time back, I posted a question regarding Verizon cel-phone coverage in
Sharon, MA.
Particularly how bad it was.

Have to renew my service plan with Verizon, and coverage down here in Sharon
is pretty important.

One of the replies I received was the following:

"They just built a cellphone tower at Sharon Country Club. Sprint is the
only carrier currently active on it. Verizon is in negotiations. Other
than that Sharon is known as a pretty dead zone for most carriers... "

Was wondering if anyone had any new information on this, or whether I have
to really consider going with Sprint now ?

Not to thrilled with the thought of changing to Sprint, but will consider,
if
I really have to.

Guess I should ask about my "prejudice" regarding Sprint:

How are they in the overall metro Boston area ?
Any opinions would be most appreciated.

Much thanks,
Bob
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:50:01 PM

Your cell phone needs to function at your home , your place of work and
other areas where you regularly travel. The cell phone company is not a
consideration. You need to purchase service that works in the areas that you
use the phone.

-mij

!