Back panel I/O port cover

aluluei

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2003
I am not certain that I'm in the right board, or that I know the correct name of the component I need. Please redirect or correct me if I'm wrong on either count.

I just bought a new MB/CPU to replace my aging combo, and the new MB has on board LAN and audio. My current case has an I/O port cover at the back with room for audio ports but not an ethernet port. I hope "I/O port cover" is the correct term -- that bit at the back of the case where the serial, USB etc ports poke through. The port cover appears to come out, so I'm hoping that means I can replace it with one that would accomodate an ethernet port. However, I have been unable to find any such thing at any of the online stores I have browsed, so perhaps there is no such thing or I don't have the correct name.

If there is such a thing, where can I get one? If there isn't I guess I will have to get a new case as I assume that just removing the current one will mess with the air flow and cooling etc.

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Auburn9698

Champion
Those should come with a new board. If not, contact the vendor. What type of board is it?

Do all the rest of the ports match up? If so, you may be able to cut a new hole for your LAN jack. I'd try the vendor first, though.

<font color=red>Breaking News:</font color=red> God expelled from Netherlands; not good enough. Details to come.
War Eagle<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Auburn9698 on 04/24/03 06:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

aluluei

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2003
Thanks for the reply. It's an ECS P4VXASD2+. Deal of the week at Fry's with a P4 2.4. There's no I/O port cover in the box. Is that the right name for the part, BTW? I checked on newegg and the pictures there don't show this MB as coming with one, nor does the what's in the box section of the manual, so I don't think it is meant to have one. I did notice that some MB pictures on newegg showed a cover in the box and some didn't.

I will call ECS after business hours begin and see if they can send me one, but in the meantime is there an online store where I can buy what I need? And what is the correct name for it?

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Auburn9698

Champion
I think the most official term MAY be "ATX plate". Also try ATX backpanel, I/O plate, IO gaskets, I-O shield.

If there is an online store for a wide variety of those, I don't know what it is. Maybe somebody else will chime in, if such a thing exists. I just know a couple of places that sell a few certain ones, like Directron, which sells them for clear cases.

Edit: I think I *might* have a spare one that would fit that motherboard. Will check when I get home. If you can't find anything, and I've got one, we can probably work something out where I can mail it to ya.

<font color=red>Breaking News:</font color=red> God expelled from Netherlands; not good enough. Details to come.
War Eagle<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Auburn9698 on 04/24/03 11:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>