Sprint Stores in SoCal

Last response: in Network Providers
March 17, 2005 1:40:31 AM

I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern California.
You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon Stores are
quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores than Bayer
has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more stores.
Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk into the
nearest store and sign up for service.

-mij

More about : sprint stores socal

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 3:56:48 AM

tommy wrote:
> In article <AD9_d.112902$bu.111686@fed1read06>,
> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
>
> > I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern
California.
> > You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon
Stores are
> > quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores
than Bayer
> > has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more
stores.
> > Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk
into the
> > nearest store and sign up for service.
>
> I live in Riverside, and there are 2 Sprint stores within 10 miles of
my
> house. Eleven stores within 25 miles. 47 Sprint stores within 50
miles.

> If you lived in West L.A. there would be 17 Sprint stores within 10
> miles.
>

> Do you live in the sticks? :)
>
> /tommy

I believe he lives in the Southern part of Orange County where Sprint
doesn't have a whole lot of stores yet compared to other carriers.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 10:00:32 AM

In article <AD9_d.112902$bu.111686@fed1read06>,
"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:

> I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern California.
> You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon Stores are
> quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores than Bayer
> has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more stores.
> Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk into the
> nearest store and sign up for service.

I live in Riverside, and there are 2 Sprint stores within 10 miles of my
house. Eleven stores within 25 miles. 47 Sprint stores within 50 miles.

If you lived in West L.A. there would be 17 Sprint stores within 10
miles.

Do you live in the sticks? :)

/tommy
March 17, 2005 10:00:33 AM

I live in Orange County (Laguna Niguel). There is one Sprint store here in
Aliso Viejo. Cingular is everywhere.

"tommy" <skyway@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <AD9_d.112902$bu.111686@fed1read06>,
> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
>
>> I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern
>> California.
>> You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon Stores
>> are
>> quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores than
>> Bayer
>> has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more stores.
>> Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk into
>> the
>> nearest store and sign up for service.
>
> I live in Riverside, and there are 2 Sprint stores within 10 miles of my
> house. Eleven stores within 25 miles. 47 Sprint stores within 50 miles.
>
> If you lived in West L.A. there would be 17 Sprint stores within 10
> miles.
>

> Do you live in the sticks? :)
>
> /tommy
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 2:24:26 PM

Sprint used to be sold in Circuit City but not anymore. They had the
exclusive Costco membership store deal but that's going to be changing
soon so that other carriers can be sold there as well.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 4:01:17 PM

Also most RadioShack stores sell both Sprint PCS and verizon wireless.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:04:13 PM

Mij Adyaw wrote:
> I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern California.
> You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon Stores are
> quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores than Bayer
> has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more stores.
> Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk into the
> nearest store and sign up for service.

Sprint has actually, FINALLY, hired people for their High Desert store up here
in Victorville. They were supposed to open last month but got delayed again -
I've seen this kind of thing happen before - could be construction delays, or
delays by the city in issuing the proper permits.

But I don't know whether they are in the process of opening any stores in
Orange County.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:05:13 PM

larryt510@hotmail.com wrote:
> Sprint used to be sold in Circuit City but not anymore.

There are still plenty of other Sprint authorized agents, including big
consumer-electronics chains like Best Buy, Radio Shack and CompUSA.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 3:22:59 PM

There are many, many more RadioShack locations than there are circuit
city locations. We were discussing where you can get them, not where
you used to. I have been to circuit city a very few times, and never
bought anything there.
March 20, 2005 12:31:42 PM

Jerome Zelinske wrote:
> There are many, many more RadioShack locations than there are circuit
> city locations. We were discussing where you can get them, not where
> you used to. I have been to circuit city a very few times, and never
> bought anything there.

Ironically, I ended up spending more for computer and consumer
electronic stuff at Circuit City than on SPCS phones--even though I used
to go in there for the phones. Since they stopped carrying SPCS, I
haven't spent a dime at Circuit City. It wasn't intentional, I just had
no reason to actually walk in there anymore (there's a Best Buy and
CompUSA in proximity).

--
Mike
!