Sprint Stores in SoCal

I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern California.
You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon Stores are
quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores than Bayer
has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more stores.
Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk into the
nearest store and sign up for service.

-mij
9 answers Last reply
More about sprint stores socal

    tommy wrote:
    > In article <AD9_d.112902$bu.111686@fed1read06>,
    > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern
    California.
    > > You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon
    Stores are
    > > quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores
    than Bayer
    > > has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more
    stores.
    > > Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk
    into the
    > > nearest store and sign up for service.
    >
    > I live in Riverside, and there are 2 Sprint stores within 10 miles of
    my
    > house. Eleven stores within 25 miles. 47 Sprint stores within 50
    miles.

    > If you lived in West L.A. there would be 17 Sprint stores within 10
    > miles.
    >

    > Do you live in the sticks? :)
    >
    > /tommy

    I believe he lives in the Southern part of Orange County where Sprint
    doesn't have a whole lot of stores yet compared to other carriers.

    In article <AD9_d.112902$bu.111686@fed1read06>,
    "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:

    > I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern California.
    > You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon Stores are
    > quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores than Bayer
    > has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more stores.
    > Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk into the
    > nearest store and sign up for service.

    I live in Riverside, and there are 2 Sprint stores within 10 miles of my
    house. Eleven stores within 25 miles. 47 Sprint stores within 50 miles.

    If you lived in West L.A. there would be 17 Sprint stores within 10
    miles.

    Do you live in the sticks? :)

    /tommy

    I live in Orange County (Laguna Niguel). There is one Sprint store here in
    Aliso Viejo. Cingular is everywhere.

    "tommy" <skyway@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <AD9_d.112902$bu.111686@fed1read06>,
    > "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern
    >> California.
    >> You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon Stores
    >> are
    >> quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores than
    >> Bayer
    >> has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more stores.
    >> Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk into
    >> the
    >> nearest store and sign up for service.
    >
    > I live in Riverside, and there are 2 Sprint stores within 10 miles of my
    > house. Eleven stores within 25 miles. 47 Sprint stores within 50 miles.
    >
    > If you lived in West L.A. there would be 17 Sprint stores within 10
    > miles.
    >

    > Do you live in the sticks? :)
    >
    > /tommy

    Sprint used to be sold in Circuit City but not anymore. They had the
    exclusive Costco membership store deal but that's going to be changing
    soon so that other carriers can be sold there as well.

    Also most RadioShack stores sell both Sprint PCS and verizon wireless.

    Mij Adyaw wrote:
    > I have notices that there are not many Sprint Stores in Southern California.
    > You really have to search to find one! On the other hand, Verizon Stores are
    > quite numerous and it seems that there are more Cingular Stores than Bayer
    > has aspirins. Sprint really needs to get with it and open more stores.
    > Unfortunately most folks that are not cell phone educated will walk into the
    > nearest store and sign up for service.

    Sprint has actually, FINALLY, hired people for their High Desert store up here
    in Victorville. They were supposed to open last month but got delayed again -
    I've seen this kind of thing happen before - could be construction delays, or
    delays by the city in issuing the proper permits.

    But I don't know whether they are in the process of opening any stores in
    Orange County.

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    larryt510@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Sprint used to be sold in Circuit City but not anymore.

    There are still plenty of other Sprint authorized agents, including big
    consumer-electronics chains like Best Buy, Radio Shack and CompUSA.

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    There are many, many more RadioShack locations than there are circuit
    city locations. We were discussing where you can get them, not where
    you used to. I have been to circuit city a very few times, and never
    bought anything there.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jerome Zelinske wrote:
    > There are many, many more RadioShack locations than there are circuit
    > city locations. We were discussing where you can get them, not where
    > you used to. I have been to circuit city a very few times, and never
    > bought anything there.

    Ironically, I ended up spending more for computer and consumer
    electronic stuff at Circuit City than on SPCS phones--even though I used
    to go in there for the phones. Since they stopped carrying SPCS, I
    haven't spent a dime at Circuit City. It wasn't intentional, I just had
    no reason to actually walk in there anymore (there's a Best Buy and
    CompUSA in proximity).

    --
    Mike

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers