ODESSA_20

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Hello,
i am having an error with my speakers, it says no audio device is installed, i have visited alot of these forums but no real solution, i did direct X diagnostice tool test and it says i have no sound card installed...i really need help with this i have been at this for weeks. PLEASE HELP ME. I recently upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 my speakers were working fine b4 that but now there is a red X on the speaker icon, device manager says that the device is installed and working okay, this is driving me nuts i have been at this for weeks, i have windows 7 and a 32 bit operating system. HELP ME PLEASE.

MS indicates this can be caused by heavy disk activity during startup.

It's as if the icon status isn't reflecting the physical status. If you toggle the mute , tends to correct itself. (Win7 problem)

try the above first then if that fails
remove the card. then uninstall the drivers. use a reg cleaner (ccleaner is good and free). reboot the system...
turn off and put the card back in and boot. the new hardware should be recognised and windows will load the correct driver for it. if it doesnt then you need to go to the cards manufacturers site and download the windows 7 driver. if there is no driver then the card is unsupported and useless.
all you can then do is plug your speakers into the motherboards sound and use that...