SPCS coverage at Walt Disney World

Last response: in Network Providers
March 18, 2005 5:28:44 AM

Greetings,

We're planning a Walt Disney World vacation, and I'd like to know if anyone here has
knowledge of SPCS coverage throughout the resort.

Thanks very much!

Tim ==
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 5:28:45 AM

I believe that Disney only allows GSM carriers to place antennas inside
their parks. This is mainly so that international tourists will have
cell phone coverage. With Sprint you can still catch spillover signal
from antennas outside the park but indoor coverage might be spotty.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 5:24:36 PM

You should be OK pretty much everywhere. I only had real problems at
the All Star Sports Resort where the phone got great service in front
of the hotel, but lost signal upon entering the lobby and that was in
2000. Everywhere else, I have gotten great signal strenght whether it
be in the theme parks, hotels, or on the roads within Disney World.
Remember, Florida is basically flat so even if there are no towers on
WDW property, the signal from towers on adjoining properties will carry
far. It also seems that the signal strenght seems to improve with each
of my yearly visits.
March 19, 2005 10:28:14 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 03:28:44 -0500, Timothy J. Trace wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We're planning a Walt Disney World vacation, and I'd like to know
> if anyone here has knowledge of SPCS coverage throughout the resort.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Tim ==

I live about 4 1/2 hours from Disney and go there a couple times a year. I have never had a problem in any of the parks or resorts there. I get a better signal there than I do at home in GA. Have a great time while you are there.

Porter
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:13:05 PM

"Timothy J. Trace" <tim@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> We're planning a Walt Disney World vacation, and I'd like to know if
anyone here has
> knowledge of SPCS coverage throughout the resort.
>
> Thanks very much!

We are not very far away, visit a couple of times a year and work takes me
to the area, often. Signal throughout the park is very good. You can lose
some signal strength in the buildings, but, do you really want to be talking
on the phone while going through Its A Small World?
March 20, 2005 11:38:40 PM

"Frank Thomas" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in

> "Timothy J. Trace" <tim@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> We're planning a Walt Disney World vacation, and I'd like to know if
> anyone here has
>> knowledge of SPCS coverage throughout the resort.
>>
>> Thanks very much!
>>

> We are not very far away, visit a couple of times a year and work
> takes me to the area, often. Signal throughout the park is very
> good. You can lose some signal strength in the buildings, but, do you
> really want to be talking on the phone while going through Its A Small
> World?

We were there in November. Mostly very good signal, both on Verizon and
Sprint. Its A Small World was closed for refurbishing ...

--
Best regards
Han