SPCS coverage at Walt Disney World

Greetings,

We're planning a Walt Disney World vacation, and I'd like to know if anyone here has
knowledge of SPCS coverage throughout the resort.

Thanks very much!

Tim ==
5 answers Last reply
More about spcs coverage walt disney world

    I believe that Disney only allows GSM carriers to place antennas inside
    their parks. This is mainly so that international tourists will have
    cell phone coverage. With Sprint you can still catch spillover signal
    from antennas outside the park but indoor coverage might be spotty.

    You should be OK pretty much everywhere. I only had real problems at
    the All Star Sports Resort where the phone got great service in front
    of the hotel, but lost signal upon entering the lobby and that was in
    2000. Everywhere else, I have gotten great signal strenght whether it
    be in the theme parks, hotels, or on the roads within Disney World.
    Remember, Florida is basically flat so even if there are no towers on
    WDW property, the signal from towers on adjoining properties will carry
    far. It also seems that the signal strenght seems to improve with each
    of my yearly visits.

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 03:28:44 -0500, Timothy J. Trace wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > We're planning a Walt Disney World vacation, and I'd like to know
    > if anyone here has knowledge of SPCS coverage throughout the resort.
    >
    > Thanks very much!
    >
    > Tim ==

    I live about 4 1/2 hours from Disney and go there a couple times a year. I have never had a problem in any of the parks or resorts there. I get a better signal there than I do at home in GA. Have a great time while you are there.

    Porter

    "Timothy J. Trace" <tim@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > We're planning a Walt Disney World vacation, and I'd like to know if
    anyone here has
    > knowledge of SPCS coverage throughout the resort.
    >
    > Thanks very much!

    We are not very far away, visit a couple of times a year and work takes me
    to the area, often. Signal throughout the park is very good. You can lose
    some signal strength in the buildings, but, do you really want to be talking
    on the phone while going through Its A Small World?

    "Frank Thomas" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > "Timothy J. Trace" <tim@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> We're planning a Walt Disney World vacation, and I'd like to know if
    > anyone here has
    >> knowledge of SPCS coverage throughout the resort.
    >>
    >> Thanks very much!
    >>

    > We are not very far away, visit a couple of times a year and work
    > takes me to the area, often. Signal throughout the park is very
    > good. You can lose some signal strength in the buildings, but, do you
    > really want to be talking on the phone while going through Its A Small
    > World?

    We were there in November. Mostly very good signal, both on Verizon and
    Sprint. Its A Small World was closed for refurbishing ...

    --
    Best regards
    Han

Sprint PCS Tim Internet Service Providers