Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Asus
  • Firmware
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 26, 2013 2:55:14 PM

Hello,
I recently updated the firmware on my Asus RT-N56U router, since that time I have been experiencing problems opening some webpages some are secure pages, some are not. Examples are some bank websites, the asus forum or Technical inquiry support pages, some emails will not load. Although I am able to access my email web portal. my credit cards, login into websites such as Ebay and Amazon.

I tried rolling back the firmware to a earlier version but it didn't help. So what ever changed the rollbacks doesn't help. Typically what happens is it will just time out trying to load the page on some browsers ( I have tried, IE, chrome, firefox, and safari), on chrome is gives a 324 error message. Also, I have tried both wireless and wired connections using multiple computers. I can connect my old router and have no problems. So the problem lies within the Asus which operated trouble free for 2 years until the firmware updates. I was using 1.0.1.7 prior to the update and updated it to 3.0.0.4.342. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
David

More about : connection issues firmware update

a b Ĉ ASUS
February 26, 2013 4:12:22 PM

I would probably try reflashing the firmware, but you may have already done that.

Until you can figure out a firmware fix, I would try this: use the old router, but turn off its radio and attach the ASUS as an AP/switch LAN port to LAN port with a static address in the ASUS (with its DHCP off), which should solve the connection issue. That allows you to use the better wireless of the ASUS and three of its LAN ports.
m
l
February 26, 2013 5:04:38 PM

RealBeast said:
I would probably try reflashing the firmware, but you may have already done that.

Until you can figure out a firmware fix, I would try this: use the old router, but turn off its radio and attach the ASUS as an AP/switch LAN port to LAN port with a static address in the ASUS (with its DHCP off), which should solve the connection issue. That allows you to use the better wireless of the ASUS and three of its LAN ports.

Your right. I have already tried reflashing the firmware, but thanks for the idea of using the Asus as a AP. Much appreciated. :) 
m
l
!