QUESTION: Manual For Ashly SC-50 Compressor

Last response: in Home Audio
March 24, 2005 4:11:01 PM

Hello, Everyone:

I just purchased an old Ashly SC-50 compressor and I would like to find
or download a copy of the original owner's manual for it.

I checked the Ashly website, but they don't have a download available
for this compressor.

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the manual for this
compressor? I don't really need it, but I like to have the manuals for
all of my gear.

Thanks in advance....
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 11:16:45 PM

I checked out the berklee.edu website but didn't see anything about
manuals. Could you tell me which area of the website you were in when
you saw this? Thanks....
March 25, 2005 12:19:01 AM

"EADGBE" <hwbosshoss@aol.com> writes:
>I just purchased an old Ashly SC-50 compressor and I would like to find
>or download a copy of the original owner's manual for it.

>I checked the Ashly website, but they don't have a download available
>for this compressor.

>Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the manual for this
>compressor? I don't really need it, but I like to have the manuals for
>all of my gear.

I just saw one on the berklee.edu website that someone mentioned here
a few days ago.
Related resources
March 25, 2005 4:41:40 AM

In article <1111698661.249734.166570@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
EADGBE <hwbosshoss@aol.com> wrote:

> Hello, Everyone:
>
> I just purchased an old Ashly SC-50 compressor and I would like to find
> or download a copy of the original owner's manual for it.
>
> I checked the Ashly website, but they don't have a download available
> for this compressor.
>
> Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the manual for this
> compressor? I don't really need it, but I like to have the manuals for
> all of my gear.
>
> Thanks in advance....

Back in the day, the 2 I bought new didn't come with a manual.

As you can see, all the control parameters are very standard
compression fare.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a perfectly fine, one owner
SC-50, drop me an email.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

CelebrationSound@aol.com
www.CelebrationSound.com
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 9:13:20 AM

EADGBE wrote:

> I just purchased an old Ashly SC-50 compressor and I would like to find
> or download a copy of the original owner's manual for it.

> I checked the Ashly website, but they don't have a download available
> for this compressor.

> Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the manual for this
> compressor? I don't really need it, but I like to have the manuals for
> all of my gear.

I could probably dig that up. But first give Mercenary Audio a call.
They have lots of manuals and Fletcher appreciates the SC50 for what it
is. Holler back if they don't have it.

--
ha
Anonymous

hank alrich Wrote:
> I could probably dig that up. But first give Mercenary Audio a call.They
> have lots of manuals and Fletcher appreciates the SC50 for what it is.
> Holler back if they don't have it.

I love an SC-50 as much as the next guy... but I don't have a manual
for it... then again it really ain't rocket surgery to operate one.

--
Fletcher
Anonymous

Fletcher wrote:

> hank alrich Wrote:
> > I could probably dig that up. But first give Mercenary Audio a call.They
> > have lots of manuals and Fletcher appreciates the SC50 for what it is.
> > Holler back if they don't have it.

> I love an SC-50 as much as the next guy...

No, you don't love it nearly as much as teh guy who was trying to
offload his by playing on your name. <g>

> but I don't have a manual for it... then again it really ain't rocket
> surgery to operate one.

Amen. It did come with a manual when I bought mine so long ago. At that
time it didn't hurt me to read it.

--
ha
August 20, 2011 4:37:13 AM

The most recent link to the Ashly SC-50/SC-55 Compressor manual on the Berklee.edu page is here:
http://mpe.berklee.edu/documents/studio/manuals//outgai...

This information is current as of 12:36am (EST) -- August 20th, 2011

The links posted in previous posts above are now dead. The link in this post is current as of the date mentioned.

Jam !!!

ps. The SC-50 manual (at the berklee.edu link above) is 34 pages long... if anyone was wondering... Also, its a real nice, clean scan-to-PDF copy, too.
August 20, 2011 4:39:55 AM

... oops, double-post...
!