Help with using TV as Center Channel Speaker

Is this a feasible proposition, short of placing an unsightly speaker
on top of my beautiful TV? I notice the center channel speaker output
on the receiver and the tv audio input are of different types. is
there a way to get around this problem via an adapter? please advise.
thanks. mozartman2000@aol.com
2 answers Last reply
More about help center channel speaker

    On 24 Mar 2005 20:05:34 -0800, "Figaro" <mozartman2000@aol.com> wrote:

    >Is this a feasible proposition, short of placing an unsightly speaker
    >on top of my beautiful TV? I notice the center channel speaker output
    >on the receiver and the tv audio input are of different types. is
    >there a way to get around this problem via an adapter? please advise.
    >thanks. mozartman2000@aol.com

    Can you select that audio input on your TV without changing
    the source of the picture too? That's not the usual case, is
    why I'm asking.

    But anyway, isn't the sound quality of the dialog important
    to you? Maybe find a sightly speaker? Or double centers on both
    sides? Just a thought.

    Good fortune,

    Chris Hornbeck

    In article <1111723533.989805.324080@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    "Figaro" <mozartman2000@aol.com> wrote:

    > Is this a feasible proposition, short of placing an unsightly speaker
    > on top of my beautiful TV? I notice the center channel speaker output
    > on the receiver and the tv audio input are of different types. is
    > there a way to get around this problem via an adapter? please advise.
    > thanks. mozartman2000@aol.com

    It *may* work to taste, but unless you can input only the center channel
    information to the tv and its reproducing the full mix.. the tv may muck
    up the imaging from your mains. Oh and also that you don't mind the
    bandlimited response of tv speakers.

    Try it and see what happens. If you don't like the setup, you can go
    from there.

    Using the tv as a center is certainly not *correct*, but who says whats
    correct in your house?

    hth,

    --
    Cyrus