Any feedback on Sanyo 4920?

Last response: in Network Providers
March 23, 2005 1:38:10 PM

Any input from users on..

Sound quality, normal, speakerphone
Signal strength
Look and feel
Phone book synch with Outlook
Laptop modem use (not TOS thread)

Any comparisons with 4900 much appreciated
Accessory compatibility (wall charger, car charger, PC USB cable)

Thanks.

More about : feedback sanyo 4920

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 2:15:39 PM

Not a bad phone overall. Some have trouble taking over the air PRL
updates and a few have had problems with certain buttons on the keypad
being unresponsive.
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 8:43:51 PM

larryt510@hotmail.com wrote:

>Not a bad phone overall. Some have trouble taking over the air PRL
>updates and a few have had problems with certain buttons on the keypad
>being unresponsive.

I've used my 4920 for two months now and have had no problems with it.
The one and only software update was done at the Sprint store.

Pros: long battery life, fast boot, great range, good voice quality.

Cons: display very hard to see in bright sunlight compared to my old
Samsung VGA1000. Roaming and PCS Vision settings return to defaults
when turned off.
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 5:42:18 AM

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:38:10 -0500, "J Corsica" <jcorsica@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Any input from users on..
>
>Sound quality, normal, speakerphone
>Signal strength
>Look and feel

All of these are first rate. For the past 3+ years my wife and
I have used only Sanyo phones, from the 4700 to the 4900 and the 4920.
I got the 4920's because I renewed my contract and could get two new
phones with a very good rebate. Otherwise I probably would have
remained happy with the 4900 indefinitely. Note that I don't use any
advanced functions, such as phone-as-modem, synchronization with
computer apps, Vision, etc.

Signal strength is extremely important to me, and in this area
the Sanyo line has always been really outstanding. Speakerphone has
worked exceptionally well the few times I tried it, but I don't have
much need for it. Reports from the persons on the other side were that
the sound was very bright and distinct. Same on my side.

With the 4920 I've often been asked if I was on a land line. I
can say with certainty that the recipient gets very good fidelity in
most cases. Some have complained that the earpiece on Sanyo phones has
a slightly "fuzzy" sound. I can see this, but it's been so long since
I used another company's phone that I can't draw a comparison.

>Any comparisons with 4900 much appreciated
>Accessory compatibility (wall charger, car charger, PC USB cable)

Unless you use Vision (in which case the 4920 display and
functions are friendlier) there's almost no difference between the two
models in terms of form factor, etc. The 4920's a bit smaller overall.
A technical difference is that the 4920 is dual band/tri-mode and as I
recall, the 4900 is dual/dual.

4900 accessories are not compatible with the 4920 models, but
if I recall, the 4920 power unit is backward-compatible with the 4900.
It's been a while, I may be mistaken about the latter, but I think
that's the case.

DGI
!