TV and PS2 on computer??

Jerums

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2001
Ok, I have a geforce3 and it doesn't have much extra stuff on it as far as inputs. I would like to use my computer monitor to play my ps2 and watch tv, but don't want to necessarily want to buy a new video card unless absolutely necessary. Are there any add in cards that I can use to do this that are relatively cheap and good quality?

thanks
Jerry

waggers

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
funny enough i was going to ask a similar question like is it poss to link up a ps2 to a pc's monitor. i'm prepared to buy a graphic's card if that's the route,i hope it's possible
regards waggers

Jerums

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2001
I know you can with ATI cards, but I was hoping that I wouldn't have to buy a new video card unless the alternative(if there is one) is over 100 dollars.

ecartman03

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2003
I play PS2 on my comp w/ WinTV go card. It has a video in plug w/ audio. It's really cheap, I got mine at CompUSA for 20 bucks after rebate. But lemme tell you, the quality is absolute junk, it looks like an MPEG, this is the case with all TV cards even the high end ones from my experience. The conversion just can't be done right..plus PS2 only does 800x600 resolution(right?). Hope this helps

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
I have an ati tv wonder card i think it was like 40 bux and i can play n64 on it just fine the quiality is pretty good maybe 600x800 but i don't think its the fault of the tv tuner i beleive it is the fact that most tv station are not high definiton. On some programs such as presidential speeches and hbo movies the quality is very high almost 1024x768. I must warn however that on certain chanels i was getting an interfearence problem, the video would have some static in some chanels, that was solved (for the most part) by moving my tv tuner as far away from the graphics card as my mobo would alow and also near the computer wraping the coaxil cable with some tin foil, i don't know if this is just an isolated instance or if it is common but most channels look good. I would just recomend buying a high qualuty low interfearence cable.